My insignificant contribution

Discussion in 'Merritt Island I' started by JC, Mar 1, 2005.

1. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I'm sorry I missed you guys last week, and I only got to spend an hour at Merritt. My wimpy 70-200, even with the 1.4 converter, got a few nice shots but nothing like, for instance, Mike's. Here's one I like for the feeling of soaring through the clouds. I had to crop to get the composition, and with the D2H (marvelous as it is), it starts getting soft at 13 x 19. But not to fear, today I received a new toy, 12.4 MP worth. If only I had it 10 days ago, some of those teeny rosies I shot might be worthwhile.

Joel

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    J
    c,

This is a Beautiful image. I don't care what you did to it. Well presented and wall hanger for sure. 13x19.. :>)) Cool.

Love the clouds and everything about this image.

Regards
    Gale

3. Did you ever read the book "Johnathan Livingston Seagull?" This egret would fit into that genre nicely. Well done image.

4. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thank you, Gale. As a matter of fact, the print is now hanging in my office -- until the next one I want to display. PMA was disappointing as Nikon had no new lenses. But Scott Kelby at the Adobe area was just full of helpful tips. :)

Gordon- Thanks also, and yes, I DO remember Jonathan Livingston Seagull. (Showing my age. :( ) You're right, it's the same feeling.

I still feel bad missing the group at Merritt; but maybe you and I can arrange a trip out to Zion. Hopefully, Ron can come, too.

Joel

5. Nice a surreal shot

I liek this a lot, very subdued and calming shot I think is Gordon is right with the reference to Johnathan Livingston Seagull

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Joel,

Very nice pic. You got to go with what you got, and you did just that on this shot. Can't wait to see some from that big boy though.... :lol:

Regards,

Frank

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Joel...that's a pisser shot !