My interest has been sparked...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by David_N, Jul 5, 2008.

1. While browsing ebay I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170235422737

I put in the outrageously generous bid of $9.99 :) biggrin:)  and I'll continue to watch it as it climbs higher and higher.

What is this setup worth roughly? I don't know anything about Hassy's other than they're supposed to be the best, but I'm looking to get one of these classic beauties just because I've seen some amazing results here! How steep is the learning curve on these? What kind of film will I need (is it readily available?) and can it be scanned using something like the Coolscan V?

Convince me to bid higher and higher on this thing, or show me where I can get one (any 500 really, I honestly don't know the difference) :biggrin:

2. The same outfit starts at KEH around $700 so if you get it for $13 I'd say you scored!:biggrin:
    The back alone is worth $110 to $175. With boxes and manuals it's worth a little more.
    Learning curve isn't that bad if you know the Sunny 16 rule. Loading the film is the only real difficult part and there are videos on YouTube that will explain the oddities.
    It shoots 120 film that is available from almost any online shop and any good camera store. You cannot scan with a CS V. You either need a $2000 CS 9000 or any of the more than capable Epson flatbeds $250 to $750.

3. It's worth about $600 tops!

4. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Go for the cheaper Mamiya or Pentax 645 systems. They have really nice lenses that are much cheaper than the Zeiss ones, and just as good. Nikon even makes a 200/2 and 300/2 for the Mamiya 645 system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.