My iPhone is logging me off

Real Name
Randy
All of a sudden my iPhone requires me to logon here every time and asks about cookies, never happened before

Help

Real Name
Randy
the weirdest part is WHY
since I found the fix by googling it it must be a known bug, TG for google

More information is needed here:

1) What model is your iPhone?

2). What version of iOS do you have installed and are using? (We just had a recent update to iOS — I think it was last week, might have been when you were in the hospital and unable to do anything about it).

3). When did you first notice this problem? While you were still at the hospital or after you returned home? Aside from resetting network settings, have you tried anything else?

4). Is this the only site in which you have been experiencing new log-in requirements, apparent changes or difficulties?

Real Name
Randy
More information is needed here:

1) What model is your iPhone? Xs

2). What version of iOS do you have installed and are using? (We just had a recent update to iOS — I think it was last week, might have been when you were in the hospital and unable to do anything about it). 12.3

3). When did you first notice this problem? While you were still at the hospital or after you returned home? Aside from resetting network settings, have you tried anything else?
After I got home, nothing else
4). Is this the only site in which you have been experiencing new log-in requirements, apparent changes or difficulties?
So far all sites

Thanks

Randy,
You didn’t say which browser you are using but if it is Safari or Firefox AND you have set it to PRIVATE browsing, then your info is not saved each time you exit the browser. That means cookies and history stuff.

Why does this matter — your logon info is saved in cookies and remembered for your next access to a website. In PRIVATE mode, that info is NOT saved between sessions.

Real Name
Randy
Randy,
You didn’t say which browser you are using but if it is Safari or Firefox AND you have set it to PRIVATE browsing, then your info is not saved each time you exit the browser. That means cookies and history stuff.

Why does this matter — your logon info is saved in cookies and remembered for your next access to a website. In PRIVATE mode, that info is NOT saved between sessions.
Safari
where do I set the browsing mode ?
thanks

Open Safari, in the upper right corner, there are two small boxes stacked on top of each other, touch those boxes.

A new screen opens, near the top, you will see the word Private. If it is has white box around it, you are in private mode. Touch the Private, it should remove the white stuff, then push Done in the upper right corner.

Randy,
I should have said on the above post, on the iPhone, the boxes and labels I am referencing are on the BOTTOM, not the TOP like on the iPad. I was using the iPad to type response and then looked at the iPhone and said correct your post.

Real Name
Randy
Randy,
I should have said on the above post, on the iPhone, the boxes and labels I am referencing are on the BOTTOM, not the TOP like on the iPad. I was using the iPad to type response and then looked at the iPhone and said correct your post.

Thanks !!!
Wow you know this stuff inside out, I think that was it, I musta selected private by accident

The cafe continues to amaze me, there seems to be someone who always knows the answer

Real Name
Randy
I use those 2 boxes all the time for navigation but never noticed the private option

Latest threads

Top Bottom