My Kensington outing with Dave...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sommer, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Dave beat me to it...he posted all the best shots of the day! But I'm going to post mine anyway :smile: Dave introduced my daughter, Melissa, and me to a fabulous part of a park just minutes from my house, that I never even knew existed! Now that I know it's there, I'll be back plenty! Here are some of the shots Melissa and I took today (mine are with the D70, 70-300mmG lens; Melissa's are with the Kodak CX7430). I've just started shooting in RAW, and I'm just beginning to get to know my way around PS CS2, so please bear with me!! I've been staring at the computer screen so long my eyeballs are about to fall out of my head! The day was quite overcast, and my 70-300G lens is a light hog, so not the best of circumstances. Still, I think these came out ok.

Swans

36360780_8f9cc44094_o.

Heron (who knew we had these so close to home!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

36360784_562495777f_o.

Bird
    36360790_2deb259976_o.

Melissa's turtle
    36360797_7145a741cb_o.

Melissa and I really enjoyed hanging out with Dave and learning from him. He's got me thinking about what it is that I want do with my pictures, and I desperately needed to do that, as I try to make the transition from family snapshot maven to something more (not sure what yet...just something more!) And I tried not to drool too much on Dave's Tokina 12-24 lens!! It was a great day.

Here's a picture of Dave that Melissa took (and I'm only posting it under "animals" because I'm too lazy to start another thread elsewhere, LOL!)

36360793_aad18116ac_o.

2. Great images, Sommer. Love the bird and turtle.

Gil

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Now see, you do have GBH's there after all. :biggrin:

Very nice shots. Looks like you all had a great time. :wink:

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hey I was looking for a new picture of me to use as a avaitar here, now I have one from Melissa... :biggrin:

Nice pictures Sommer

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Those are nice images, Sommer and Melissa,

I was hoping to drive in the day and shoot with you all but timing was not good. I did my best to clear my schedule, but to no avail. :mad: I looks as though the day of shooting was very nice. :wink:

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hey Frank, this wasn't our official outing that is this coming Sunday...
    Come on over.. Heck you come over, I will buy you lunch :smile: (I am only offering to buy Frank lunch folks.. Only Frank. :biggrin:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

Thanks so much for the invite. Kind of a long trip for a weekend, but I'm sure it would be worth it, for the photography, company, and the lunch. :wink:

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Cool shots Sommer. Love the one your daughter took of Dave!

9. I enjoyed the pictures, Sommer. The "G" lens did you well for an overcact day.

Melissa, your turtle shot is great.