My kids were playing with my D2X! (pics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    While I took in a little afternoon siesta, my 2 teenagers got out the 1 pump, slow, (560fps), pellet gun, and turned on my D2X with the 200-400+TC 1.4 mounted to it for a bit of high speed stop action fun. The camera was already set up for continous HS shooting of birds in A priority, so they just aimed (both gun & camera), fired away. Note: they did sacrifice an unopened can of Coke for one of these shots which didn't make me too happy, but boys will be boys I guess. :oops: :roll: These are the results I edited for them:
    original.
    original.
    original.

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    You name it I shot it with a BB gun growing up, I just made sure never to photograph my dirt work. :lol:

But your boys made some cool looking pictures and before I got hooked on the Diet Dew I was a Pepsi drinker, so it's always nice to see a Coke go down in a fizzy death. :p

3. Coke with lime is gross. I am glad to see it being put to better use. :lol:

4. Steve, as Pepsico is in our clients list and anything we do here in Greece won't get them more than 4% Market Share (with Coke having more than 92%) maybe we should just introduce them to some "killer ads" like yours!!!

5. Hey Steve, why haven't taken any pics of that cute model (forgot her name, the brunette) you shoot with your D2X? Have you tried shooting her outside the studio yet? I think trying the natural treatment with her might be interesting. So hurry up and get a photo session set up already! :lol:

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Bad Pepsi!

Euuu, how could you drink that overly sweet stuff? :roll: That Coke fell out of the 12 pack container and had a bent, rounded bottom, so that the ONLY reason I let them shoot it. Thanks for lookin!

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Ahh, c'mon Coke w/Lime is gooood!

Each to their own, but I think it's pretty good! Now Vanilla COke or Cherry Coke, no way! ;) Thanks for lookin!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Did I mention ┬ęSRS Photo? :c)

Hey, let me know if I can help out the cause! ;) Thanks for lookin!

9. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    What I could really go for is some good sweet tea from the south. Try finding good sweet tea in the UK.

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That would be "Jesse"

Believe me, I'm trying to get her back into the studio for a D2x shoot, but she's been busy lately. I'll get her in this weekend for sure. And re doing a shoot outdoors....dude, I live in northern Indiana! It's still freakin winter here! But ya, we definitely want to do some outdoor shoots when the weather breaks. She would much rather do the outdoor shoots, of which we have only done 2 of so far. Thanks for lookin!

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I really like all the different colors of the first one!

And I've developed a taste for C2. Before you go "ewe", you're thinking of "the new coke". C2 has real sugar and tastes like real coke, but a bit less sweet.

12. Re: That would be "Jesse"

Sometimes I forget the weather isn't nice in the rest of the country. It's perfectly sunny and warm here in LA, but darn it I can't go outside and take a walk! Bollocks!

13. Hi Steve,

Nice job on the Coke cans. Did you know they were using your camera, the coke cans and the pellet gun?

The first one is my favorite but just to let you know, they are all done very well.

Melissa

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I didn't know til I got up from my "siesta"

So, to answer you question, no I didn't know til I woke up and saw what they were just starting to do. At which time, I volunteered to help them with it. It's their pellet gun, but I Was a little surprised when I saw them using my camera, even though they weren't doing anything dastardly with it in my eye. With 550 mm of lens mounted, I doubt there was any chance of a bounce back (richochet) reaching the camera. They know how to turn it on, aim it, and shoot it. What more is there to know? ;)

15. OK handing $10,000 worth of Nikon camera gear to 2 teenagers with a BB gun, some coke cans and too much free time is just WRONG!:roll:

Maybe Nikon should put something about this in the manual. :p

16. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    It was on a tripod

All they did was point it in the direction of the cans, trun it on and use it. How could they possibly break something? Besides, with the unspoken understanding that they would be grounded FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES if they screwed something up, I think it was pretty well under control ;)

17. Im sure it was Steve - I am just paranoid. I wouldn't let a teenager within 10 feet of my gear. I have that control freak monster living inside me too. :twisted: