My kids were playing with my D2X! (pics)

Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
While I took in a little afternoon siesta, my 2 teenagers got out the 1 pump, slow, (560fps), pellet gun, and turned on my D2X with the 200-400+TC 1.4 mounted to it for a bit of high speed stop action fun. The camera was already set up for continous HS shooting of birds in A priority, so they just aimed (both gun & camera), fired away. Note: they did sacrifice an unopened can of Coke for one of these shots which didn't make me too happy, but boys will be boys I guess. :oops: :roll: These are the results I edited for them:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
1,712
Location
Tennessee
You name it I shot it with a BB gun growing up, I just made sure never to photograph my dirt work. :lol:

But your boys made some cool looking pictures and before I got hooked on the Diet Dew I was a Pepsi drinker, so it's always nice to see a Coke go down in a fizzy death. :p
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
4,657
Location
Athens Greece
Steve, as Pepsico is in our clients list and anything we do here in Greece won't get them more than 4% Market Share (with Coke having more than 92%) maybe we should just introduce them to some "killer ads" like yours!!!
 
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
15,064
Location
Los Angeles, USA
Hey Steve, why haven't taken any pics of that cute model (forgot her name, the brunette) you shoot with your D2X? Have you tried shooting her outside the studio yet? I think trying the natural treatment with her might be interesting. So hurry up and get a photo session set up already! :lol:
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Bad Pepsi!

Euuu, how could you drink that overly sweet stuff? :roll: That Coke fell out of the 12 pack container and had a bent, rounded bottom, so that the ONLY reason I let them shoot it. Thanks for lookin!
F15Todd said:
You name it I shot it with a BB gun growing up, I just made sure never to photograph my dirt work. :lol:

But your boys made some cool looking pictures and before I got hooked on the Diet Dew I was a Pepsi drinker, so it's always nice to see a Coke go down in a fizzy death. :p
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Ahh, c'mon Coke w/Lime is gooood!

Each to their own, but I think it's pretty good! Now Vanilla COke or Cherry Coke, no way! ;) Thanks for lookin!
PhotoDawg said:
Coke with lime is gross. I am glad to see it being put to better use. :lol:
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Did I mention ©SRS Photo? :c)

Hey, let me know if I can help out the cause! ;) Thanks for lookin!

Panos Kazanelis said:
Steve, as Pepsico is in our clients list and anything we do here in Greece won't get them more than 4% Market Share (with Coke having more than 92%) maybe we should just introduce them to some "killer ads" like yours!!!
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
That would be "Jesse"

Believe me, I'm trying to get her back into the studio for a D2x shoot, but she's been busy lately. I'll get her in this weekend for sure. And re doing a shoot outdoors....dude, I live in northern Indiana! It's still freakin winter here! But ya, we definitely want to do some outdoor shoots when the weather breaks. She would much rather do the outdoor shoots, of which we have only done 2 of so far. Thanks for lookin!

Jonathan F. said:
Hey Steve, why haven't taken any pics of that cute model (forgot her name, the brunette) you shoot with your D2X? Have you tried shooting her outside the studio yet? I think trying the natural treatment with her might be interesting. So hurry up and get a photo session set up already! :lol:
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
35,158
Location
Arizona
Real Name
Chris
I really like all the different colors of the first one!

And I've developed a taste for C2. Before you go "ewe", you're thinking of "the new coke". C2 has real sugar and tastes like real coke, but a bit less sweet.
 
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
15,064
Location
Los Angeles, USA
Re: That would be "Jesse"

Steve S said:
Beleive me, I'm trying to get her back into the studio for a D2x shoot, but she's been busy lately. I'll get her in this weekend for sure. And re doing a shoot outdoors....dude, I live in northern Indiana! It's still freakin winter here! But ya, we definitely want to do some outdoor shoots when the weather breaks. She would much rather do the outdoor shoots, which we have only done 2 of so far. Thanks for lookin!

Jonathan F. said:
Hey Steve, why haven't taken any pics of that cute model (forgot her name, the brunette) you shoot with your D2X? Have you tried shooting her outside the studio yet? I think trying the natural treatment with her might be interesting. So hurry up and get a photo session set up already! :lol:
Sometimes I forget the weather isn't nice in the rest of the country. It's perfectly sunny and warm here in LA, but darn it I can't go outside and take a walk! Bollocks!
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
I didn't know til I got up from my "siesta"

So, to answer you question, no I didn't know til I woke up and saw what they were just starting to do. At which time, I volunteered to help them with it. It's their pellet gun, but I Was a little surprised when I saw them using my camera, even though they weren't doing anything dastardly with it in my eye. With 550 mm of lens mounted, I doubt there was any chance of a bounce back (richochet) reaching the camera. They know how to turn it on, aim it, and shoot it. What more is there to know? ;)
 
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
145
Location
Portland, OR, USA
OK handing $10,000 worth of Nikon camera gear to 2 teenagers with a BB gun, some coke cans and too much free time is just WRONG!:roll:

Maybe Nikon should put something about this in the manual. :p
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
It was on a tripod

All they did was point it in the direction of the cans, trun it on and use it. How could they possibly break something? Besides, with the unspoken understanding that they would be grounded FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES if they screwed something up, I think it was pretty well under control ;)
realeyz said:
OK handing $10,000 worth of Nikon camera gear to 2 teenagers with a BB gun, some coke cans and too much free time is just WRONG!:roll:

Maybe Nikon should put something about this in the manual. :p
 
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
145
Location
Portland, OR, USA
Im sure it was Steve - I am just paranoid. I wouldn't let a teenager within 10 feet of my gear. I have that control freak monster living inside me too. :twisted:
 

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom