My Kind Of Town...Chicago Is

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by eng45ine, Jul 10, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon on Lake Michigan enjoying a brunch cruise on The Mistic Blue. As we cruised along the Chicago shoreline, I snapped a few images to share. There's always plenty to do in Chicago!

Cruise vessels departing Navy Pier...

The Gold Coast...if you have plenty of money, it's the place to live...

View attachment 11757

The far end of Chicago's Navy Pier, a wonderful venue for family fun...

View attachment 11758

Welcome to Chicago!!!

2. Great shots of a great city! I've got lots of relatives there and remember the thrill as a kid going up in the Sears Tower!

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Nice shots...

I love Chicago...been there a few times. The view from the Observation Deck in the Sears Tower is breathtaking.

Here's a shot I took back in the 80s while wandering around when I was there for an Ohio State vs Northwestern football game:

[​IMG]

Figured I would share my "view" of your wonderful city... ;)

C

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Kev,

There isn't anything special about the images per se, but I thought I would post them in the hope that someone might consider Chicago as a vacation destination someday. Chicagoans are great hosts.....

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Cory,

I've seen the image that you posted on another thread and it is proto-typical Chicago. Like many of the big cities in the U.S., it is an architectural dream. Our city is a great place to visit...always something to do or see.

6. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Frank,

Yes, in this thread:

Chcago, IL

There are a few different revisions/versions of the above shot there.

Good memory!

C

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Frank, it's my kind of town too :D Nice shots, but the one of Navy Pier is outstanding.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the kind words, Vinod,

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am not praticularly pleased with the images...but I thought that maybe someone might enjoy seeing what Chicago has to offer.

9. Thanks one town I have not had the pleasure of visiting

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really nice, thanks for the trip. Never been to Chicago

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a relaxing day.

11. Beautiful scenery, nicely done! Ever wonder how much money is floating out there. LOL

Keith

12. Been on that cruise and loved it. You have brought back memories and after all that is what photography is all about. Good job.

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Like most places on this earth, Chicago may not be the perfect place in which to live...but it is an outstanding place to visit. After all, can Frank Sinatra be wrong???

14. Frank,

I love Chicago. One of my favorite big cities. We do a number of shows at McCormick, so I'm there at least once a year.

Here's one from the Navy Pier when I was there last October.

Steve

[​IMG]

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's an outstanding image of the ferris wheel Steve. I haven't shot anything during the evening at Navy Pier yet...but after seeing your ferris wheel, I may need to venture out with my tripod. Thanks for sharing!

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice Frank! Chicago looks like it's all it's cracked up to be. Big cities really do it for me, and Chicago is probably the biggest in the US that I haven't been to. Not that I haven't heard much about it, because my girlfriend is from there. And this fall, she's gonna take me there. :)mrgreen:) Your pics have me stoked!

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Love this series of images. I have never been to Chicago, so these photos give me a good idea how beautiful the Windy City can be !

Thanks for posting

Regards

RFC

18. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Chris and Robert...I truly appreciate the kind words. Chicago has more to offer than time allows to tell. If anyone decides to visit, late spring ( May to mid-June) or late summer/early fall ( September to late October ) is probably best. Winter speaks for itself, if you cherish the cold and some snow...then knock your socks off. Mid-summer can be nice but we are experiencing hot, hot, hot and drought conditions this summer. Anyone coming to Chicago...you gotta let me know so we can get together for something to drink and, maybe, snap a few images!!!

19. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Frank a must visit for sure if I ever cross the ocean

Great series thanks!

20. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Wow, great way to show the scale of the city. The ferris wheel image is mighty awesome too.