My Kirk L-Bracket for the D700 arrived today [images]

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Tosh, Jul 31, 2008.

1. I know some folks haven't been happy with the less than streamlined design of the RRS L-bracket for the D700.

I received my Kirk L-bracket today. I think it's fine, with pretty much the same fit to body as all my other L-brackets (Kirk and RRS).
    It is a little difficult to access the flap on the side of the camera covered by the bracket, but those are receptacles that I've never used on any of my cameras.

For those who might be interested, here are some point and shoot images of the Kirk L-bracket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm happy with it.

2. I had purchased the Kirk L-Bracket for the D300. I was very pleased that the same bracket fits like a glove on the D700.

When purchasing a new camera, it seems like the added expense of the accessories is almost a given. What a pleasant surprise to be able to use my vertical grip, L-bracket, batteries and memory cards on both cameras!

Glenn

3. I assumed my L plate for D300/grip would not fit, so I sold it...:Angry:

4. I also received my Kirk L bracket today for my D700, I love it. I wish it was featherweight, but I'd rather have something substantial than not, and it is very well made. Made in the USA, I am pleased about that also.

Just tried out my new GPS on my D700, I'm psyched, it works !! The little trick is that not only does one have to "tell" the GPS to use NMEA mode, but you then have to go back out of that menu(at least on my Garmin) and go back to where it says "ready to navigate" and gives you your current lat/long. ONly then can you shoot and have your D700 record your position.
    I love it !
    Debra

5. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    So why are they selling a d700 bracket? It appears the d300 l-bracket works on the d700.

I just bousgt RRS d300 L-plate, once the new bodies come out pirces will dip down, hopefully I can get the d700 at that time, it is nice to know you can use the bracket on both bodies.

6. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    Where did you get the white body cap? The D700's i've seen had balck ones.

Bob

7. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Bob, it's a lens cap. Look at the last shot.

8. Bob,

That's not a body cap.
    It's the Nikon mf 45mm 2.8P ais lens.
    I use it like a body cap.
    I had a black one, but foolishly sold it a while back.
    It's a sharp lens with excellent contrast.

9. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    Sorry, I just wasn't paying atention to the details.

Bob

10. Post at Nikonians on the whether the D300 L-bracket fits the D700.
    http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=226&topic_id=1808&mesg_id=1808&page=
    Halfway down in the thread, Drbrog sets forth an email he received from RRS on the issue. RRS claims it doesn't fit.

11. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles
    Funny. That's what I thought too.
    I was thinking...
    Boy, Glenn is so cool he's even got silver body caps.:smile:

The 45 is still pretty cool.

12. It would've been cooler had I kept my black one. Now that was a sleek look! :wink:

It was so darn cool it even looked great on a Canon. :eek: And functioned just as well. :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2008
  13. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey
    I also have the l bracket and love it..