My last post, I swear! A big thank you and a plea for recipes!

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
I haven't had a chance to post on many of the threads here, but I've so enjoyed all of the photos. We drove straight through the night on Sunday and got home around 8am on Monday. After a short nap, I went to work on Monday afternoon, spent Tuesday trying catch up on laundry and bills and all of that fun stuff, spent all day Wednesday with Melissa at school and then worked all evening. Today I'm taking the day off from everything, looking at every single photo that's been posted and getting my own up there! I probably won't be able to post on every thread, as I'm too far behind, but I want you all to know that I'm looking at and loving every single picture....they take me right back to the great times we had!

I need to send a big thank-you to Leigh and Patrick and the boys for opening their home to us...honestly, visiting them this year felt like visiting family, and we are so lucky to know them. And that goes for everyone who came to the gathering...we're so thankful for everyone who came from near and far, because it truly felt like a family reunion (where you actually like your family, lol!) Big thanks to those who made the trip up the mountain for the campfire! And thank you, too, to those who contributed food and drinks for the campfire...we had more than enough and were able to bring the leftovers to Green Mtn and have an impromptu picnic there!

And on that note, recipes, please! Joe and Laura Beth brought pizza to the campfire which had the best wheat crust I've ever tasted, Faye's cookies were amazing, the shortcake at the Friday night gathering (was that Carolyn's?) is the best I've ever had...I think Melissa and I ate half the cake by ourselves! And Leigh made a salad I love....the one with little cucumber chunks and a spicy white dressing. If any of you are willing to share your recipes, they would be much appreciated!

Thanks for starting this thread, Sommer! It gives me a good place to put the menu for Friday Night's Meet and Greet!!!

Honey Baked Ham
Honey Baked Turkey
Shrimp Ceaeser
Southern Potato Salad
Curried Broccoli Salad
Gazpacho Salad
Greek Style Pasta Salad
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Banana Pudding
Mixed Nuts
Cheese Tray
Juice, Sodas and Bottled Water

And thanks to Frank and Marissa for the Cannolis, and to Grandma Carolyn for bringing Aunt Irene's Pound Cake!

Sommer,
I think this is the salad you are referring to:

Gazpacho Salad

½ cup real mayo
½ cup chopped curly parsley
1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups quartered cherry tomatoes
2-3 large cucumbers (peeled, seeded, diced)
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 medium chopped red or yellow bell pepper (optional…I leave this out)

1. Combine mayo, parsley, hot sauce and salt.
2. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate…it’s better if you make it the night before.

Anyone else that would like recipes, feel free to ask.

Faye...if you read this...WE WANT YOUR COOKIE RECIPE!!!!!:biggrin:

Yeah Mason, how I wish I could have shot a picture of you all ready to make S'Mores Alabama-Style. This community would have really enjoyed seeing that. The sad part is that your way of making S'Mores probably would have worked!

J

JMartin

Everything was great!!! But I would really likes these recipe's posted too! Yummy!!!! What a great weekend to eat, isn't anytime a good time to eat?? LOL

Curried Broccoli Salad
Greek Style Pasta Salad
Strawberry Pretzel Salad

Thanks!
Jennifer (logged in under Joe):Wink:

Pretzel Salad Recipe
FIRST LAYER
• 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
• 3/4 cup melted margarine
• 3 tablespoons sugar
SECOND LAYER
• 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 cups whipped topping (small container)
THIRD LAYER
• 1 lg pkg (6 ounces) strawberry flavored gelatin
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 (10oz) boxes frozen strawberries

Preheat oven to 400°. Put first layer in a 9x13x2-inch pan. Bake 8 minutes. Remove to cool completely.
Second Layer - Beat sugar into cheese, stir in whipped topping. Spread over cooled pretzels.
Third Layer - Mix gelatin, boiling water and strawberries together and set aside 10 minutes. Pour over cheese mixture; chill thoroughly.

Greek Style Pasta Salad
1 box rotini pasta (cooked, drained, cooled)
1 bottle greek dressing of your choice (I used Gazebo Room Greek Dressing...you can buy it online)
1 english cucumber cut in half moons
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 small red onion rough chop
1 cup sliced kalamata olives
4 oz crumbled feta cheese

Mix everything together except feta cheese. Once everything is incorporated with the dressing, sprinkle the feta cheese on top. Cover and chill. Serve cold.

Curried Broccoli Salad
4 cups broccoli florettes
1 small bag sliced almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 small red onion (small chop)
2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
2 Tablespoons lemon juice

Toss first 3 ingredients together. In separate bowl, combine next 4 ingredients. Pour over broccoli mixture. Sprinkle top with slice almonds. Cover and chill. Serve cold.

J

JMartin

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can't wait to make the recipes that were provided. I love to make new recipes and these are perfect!

Thanks again.
Jennifer (Joe's wife :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom