My last Red Wings game for 2010

Hey,

Well last night was a stinker of a game, Wings lose to LA 5-0, yuck!

1 - Quick makes another outstanding save, just to the left of his thumb is the puck.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - Hank looks for a pass from behind the net

3 - Quick smothers this close chance

4 - and this wraparound try from Bertuzzi

5 - and this from the sharp angle

6 - and this one from point blank range

7 - even the deflections fell right into his glove

8 - Jack Johnson helps out in front of the crease

9 - the scrum waiting for the shot

The "Euro twins"

10 - Hank

11 - Pavel

Steve great shots as usual and I"m still waiting on the assitant job ....btw if you don't mind me asking ...what lens do you use for hockey? I assume you have prime seating! Thanks

Steve great shots as usual and I"m still waiting on the assitant job ....btw if you don't mind me asking ...what lens do you use for hockey? I assume you have prime seating! Thanks
Dude? Really?! I'm using the D3 and 70-200 on all of those shots, and since I'm shooting at ice level on the holes in the glass they are prime seating for shooting, for comfort? Well, not!! But the pictures come out all right.

well it's a good thing, 'cuz I'm running out of superlatives!

Nice work Steve, like in #3 you can just see his eyes.
Thanks Chris! Yes, the eyes have it when you get the puck in there, since the greats always have their eye on the prize. :smile:

Steve, stinker from the RW side, Quick was unFREAKINbelievable. Let's hope we don't run into them anytime soon, I think they are 5-0 the last five times we faced off....

OBTW, go ahead, you can tell ramblingman...
you use the 200-400 from the concourse...

Steve, stinker from the RW side, Quick was unFREAKINbelievable. Let's hope we don't run into them anytime soon, I think they are 5-0 the last five times we faced off....

OBTW, go ahead, you can tell ramblingman...
you use the 200-400 from the concourse...
Uh.... I use the 200-400 from the concourse,

and I also use ALL OF MY VISION AT ALL TIMES WHEN SHOOTING FROM THE ICE LEVEL. I'm sorry, did I Y-E-L-L that loud enough???!!!!!! I USE ALL OF MY VISION AT ALL TIMES WHEN SHOOTING FROM THE ICE LEVEL. Case in point, I am crouched on the steps at the glass holes to shoot, it's not a comfortable shooting position trust me, and when the beer guys sell beer and kick me in the kidneys, rowdy drunks spill beer on me to pound the glass (illegal I might add), and the patrons step over me and kick me too I'm not happy, but I digress and whine. I KEEP BOTH EYES OPEN AT ALL TIMES!!! Why? During the 1st period I had a HARD check happen RIGHT ON THE HOLE!! Uh, did I get hurt, NO! Did I see it coming? YES! Had I kept my eye on the ice I would have gotten knocked OUT by the hit on the glass, no kidding. Since I backed off from it just as it was happening, natural instinct, the glass rocked back at me at least 6", you would have seen me on replays, my biggest nightmare!

BTW, I use the 70-200 on ice level, 200-400 on the concourse. Any questions? :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:

Uh.... I use the 200-400 from the concourse,

and I also use ALL OF MY VISION AT ALL TIMES WHEN SHOOTING FROM THE ICE LEVEL. I'm sorry, did I Y-E-L-L that loud enough???!!!!!! I USE ALL OF MY VISION AT ALL TIMES WHEN SHOOTING FROM THE ICE LEVEL. Case in point, I am crouched on the steps at the glass holes to shoot, it's not a comfortable shooting position trust me, and when the beer guys sell beer and kick me in the kidneys, rowdy drunks spill beer on me to pound the glass (illegal I might add), and the patrons step over me and kick me too I'm not happy, but I digress and whine. I KEEP BOTH EYES OPEN AT ALL TIMES!!! Why? During the 1st period I had a HARD check happen RIGHT ON THE HOLE!! Uh, did I get hurt, NO! Did I see it coming? YES! Had I kept my eye on the ice I would have gotten knocked OUT by the hit on the glass, no kidding. Since I backed off from it just as it was happening, natural instinct, the glass rocked back at me at least 6", you would have seen me on replays, my biggest nightmare!

BTW, I use the 70-200 on ice level, 200-400 on the concourse. Any questions? :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:
Cmon, tell the good side. You've had a few honeys lean your way too... :biggrin::biggrin::cool:

I could never shoot hockey because I wouldn't know how to caption the pics:

"Joe Smith hits the round flat ball with his club but Al Jones was there to grab it before it went in the goal thing. Joe Smith then proceeded to knock the hell out of Al for grabbing the ball"

Good stuff as usual. Mississippi's only hockey team went down with Worldcom (Bernie owned the team).

I could never shoot hockey because I wouldn't know how to caption the pics:

"Joe Smith hits the round flat ball with his club but Al Jones was there to grab it before it went in the goal thing. Joe Smith then proceeded to knock the hell out of Al for grabbing the ball"

Good stuff as usual. Mississippi's only hockey team went down with Worldcom (Bernie owned the team).
OMG Dennis, I'm still laughing at your post!!! You should write captions for me next time... seriously!! No, not seriously, yours are better. :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom