My last wedding in September

T

Ty Webb

EDIT: Had to cut down the # of images unfortunately due to forum rules. More images here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholasputz/sets/72157624764764355/

i'm on the fence about continuing weddings. It's great fun, but a lot of responsibility on top of my day job.

Photos from the event. What a fun time.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More at the flickr link

Last edited by a moderator:
These are great. I also like your BW conversions quite a bit. If you quit shooting weddings, I'm guessing the quality of someone's wedding photos somewhere in Wisconsin will go down.

Only tiny nit-pick I have is the second shot. There is a bit of purple fringe and would have like to see both ladies in focus. Both of these things might have been taken care of by stopping down a bit more. I saw in the EXIF that you had your 85 1.2 at 1.8. Again, minor detail and I'd love it if I got anywhere near this good one day.

Thanks for sharing.

K

kilroy217

your photos are great. no complaints there. funny though, as i was scanning through the images i kept telling myself "wow, this bride has so much personality, and the groom is so stiff". i guess you don't choose your clients, but interesting how that came out in the images.

i'm on the fence about continuing weddings. It's great fun, but a lot of responsibility on top of my day job.
But you're very good at it, and it would be a shame to let your talent go to waste. If life is busy, just limit the number of weddings you contract, and consider teaming up with another photographer. Working as a team reduces the workload and pressure enormously.

your photos are great. no complaints there. funny though, as i was scanning through the images i kept telling myself "wow, this bride has so much personality, and the groom is so stiff". i guess you don't choose your clients, but interesting how that came out in the images.
LOL - I was thinking exactly the same thing...

Real Name
Tony Admana
But you're very good at it, and it would be a shame to let your talent go to waste. If life is busy, just limit the number of weddings you contract, and consider teaming up with another photographer. Working as a team reduces the workload and pressure enormously.

+1 Working with another experienced photographer does reduce a lot of work and pressure. I know how exhausting it is and you've done a stellar job. Well done.:smile:

Nice set!

My advice is do weddings if you love it. If you don't, then maybe it's time to step back. It's not for everyone and its too important for your client if you are not into it.

Keep shooting - your are still at the top of your game - and after all...how stressful could it be...really?

Really like the shots taken at the loading dock in the alleyway. Wonderful lighting - great backdrop. Shots in the church are excellent - my next gig is in a dungeon (figurativelty speaking) and I can only wish for such fantastic natural light.

T

Ty Webb

Thanks everyone! Definitely some great encouragement to keep going with it!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom