My little family

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by ShaunK, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Well, I went and did it, bought Doug's (Strawman's) 17-55 2.8. So, that completes my little family for now. And to think, less than 1.5 years ago, I didn't know what a DSLR even was!!! :Shocked: I still can't quite believe the road down which my photographic journey has led me. It doesn't seem to long ago when I first started reading about and drooling over some of Nikon's best, and now, here I am, owner of three of the finest!!! Since then, I have become enamored more and more with fast glass, and with a new part-time photography job, work on the side, and my first wedding this summer, I figured I might as well round out my little collection. I think it should do it for me for a while... yeah, I know, heard that one before!!! :smile: Ok, I need some basic studio lighting, and maybe down the road a 12-24 and 85 1.4... :biggrin: :tongue: But for now, I am very happy. Thanks to all you wonderful people, full of knowledge and guidance, who have helped me make some great decisions regarding my photography! Now, off to change my sig and use that new lens!

My: 17-55, 50 1.4, 70-200 family!

475086920_3464f39c0d_o.

2. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Very nice kit, Shaun. Congrats!

3. Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce Guest

That is pretty much the family I would like to have in the near future :)

congrats! they are beautiful!

4. Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce Guest

ya know that pic isn't that sharp...

do ya think you could find some better glass to take that shot with?

5. Hah hah! :biggrin: Notice, all my "sharp" lenses are in the picture?! Just kidding, it's just a snapshot with my 18-70 at 3.5 with weak batteries in the flash! :tongue:

6. It seems we are quite a few that are looking to own such a family. Personally, I would probably add the 85/1.8 or the 85/1.4 to that group. Then, I'd cover the longer end with a 300/2.8 and a TC. And a macro lens too like the 105 VR.

7. Ciao Guy

I guess the wall tricked the AF system.. Probably it would have been better manual focusing here... In the past, I too had your same problem with tents and walls.. Anyway, I too did your shot..

134176352-O.

in my case I'd have preferred shooting by the other side, not to use flash and avoid this kind of ca and reflexions, but I hadn't enough space back. Here houses aren't that large :)

Here the full scale pic: http://italy74.smugmug.com/gallery/2443362#134176352-O-LB

8. You've got the perfect family! :wink: The 17-55 and the 70-200VR were my first lenses and talk about spoiling myself - I then expected all lenses to perform to those standards! :eek: You've got a great setup there. Welcome to the Lust Club.

9. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Well this is one more thread I shouldn't have read .... thank you very much NC :866: :866:

10. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Keep teasing me like this and I will have to go into lens rehab. Nice gear.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent bag contents:>)))

12. I like your family. Maybe someday I'll get one as handsome as that too. :smile:

13. In the meantime, would you adopt me ? ;-)

14. I would love to add that to my "family", but right now, I'm telling myself it's more of a specialty lens! Hopefully that will keep it at bay for a while. Next on the chopping blocks are a portable light kit, then a new Mac system to replace my aging windows machine. Then we'll see about the 85 1.4 :biggrin:.

Oh, yeah, and hopefully my wife doesn't see this thread, she hates it when I call these things my babies! :biggrin:

15. Nice setup there Shaun. This LLD thing that everyone talks about, nothing you can do about it. After you have had the taste of a good lens, you want them all to perform that way.

Have fun,

George.

16. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Excellent family! I'm sure your family must enjoy traveling with you every where. If I can suggest, I recommend adding the 105mm VR to your family. I enjoy this lens.

17. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Gee...just when my lens lust is getting better, along comes a thread like this:mad:

Very nice family photo:smile: