1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My little friends

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Aug 20, 2008.

1. My D200 was acting up last night. The autofocus has some problems, but I was still able to get some shots that I like.

These are children of a good friend of mine.

Taken with the 35 f2
    Sb800 on lightstand with umbrella softbox

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken with my new 85 f1.4 (hooray, it's here...too bad my camera is off for repair now)

More photos from this shoot to come......

View attachment 241381

View attachment 241382

2. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Terri,
    I love those pictures, your have some very pretty model's.
    Did you only use one sb800 and one softbox?
    I would like to make shots like that but I really don't know what to get.

Thanks,
    Phil.............:smile:

3. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Wonderful Terri, I love all the colors in the 1st image. You do so well with light indoors.

4. Yep, one sb800 and one softbox umbrella. The boy was actually done with window light and no extra lighting.

Thanks.

5. love these, terri
    the first one is my favorite

you sent off the D200?
    what do you think happened to it?

6. Thanks, Linda. The little girl's bedroom is so cute. That's why we wanted to take a photo in there.

7. I don't know what happened to the camera. All of a sudden the autofocus started acting funny. It would hunt and sometimes not focus at all. The camera had no trauma so I really don't know what happened. It went bad on Sunday.

8. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    wow, no fair on the 85 1.4 :smile:

Great great shots!

9. Lovely photos, Terri

and even better subjects!

By the looks of these, one would never guess that you were having focus issues. I really like the composition and especially the eyes in the last one.

10. i'm sorry about that, terri
    as i said on the other thread

if you want to use my D200... as opposed to the D70 at your disposal....
    pm me.... i'll overnight it...
    anything for you, terri
    i hope you know that

11. It is a great lens.... Can't wait to use it more!!

12. Thanks, Joe. Well manual focus worked pretty well!! It's too hard to manually focus with little ones, though. Actually the auto focus is hit and miss. Sometimes it focuses perfectly, although slowly.

13. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Terri,

I love to capture the kids in their bedrooms. Makes for one of my favorite sets! You have captured her so well! Adorable!

(You did check and make sure the selector switch is on "S" and Not "C"..right?)

14. I've tried both s and c....nothing makes any difference. Thanks.

Now I want to go photograph my grandkids in their rooms again. (As soon as my camera returns).

15. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Really nice shots. I have a 85 f/1.4 as well. I better look at it again, I've not gotten shots this nice out of mine. :smile:
    I really like them all, but the first is my favorite. Love the pose, colors, lighting...just a great shot, IMHO.

16. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Fantastic!!

17. Thanks, Jeff. I like the first one, too. The 35 f2 is a fun lens as well.
    Thanks, Steve.

18. Terri, that first shot is excellent. Great colors and composition. What a cute girl with a great room!

The second shot needs a little more light in her eyes. If you use a softbox with these little ones, remember to get it low enough to get good illumination in line with their faces.

The third one is really nice. Love the great light you were able to use.

Well done!

19. Thanks, Mitch. I agree about the light in her eyes in the second one. I had the softbox as low as it would go. I think the one I'm using is really too large for this type of shooting.

20. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I love the lighting. Such cuties.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.