My little princess

I purchased some new studio lights this weekend and wanted to test them out and my daughter was more than wiling to pose for the camera. This is my first time using studio lights, so any C&C is welcome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Needs a hair light and a back light to separate her from that backdrop. Very nice photo's - she reminds me of my daughter who also leaps at a chance to pose & try on EVERY outfit she owns for a shoot. :)

So, I need to use at least 3 lights? Is that what you think would make these shots look better?

Laura, what is it about the black background that you don't like. I see many portrait shooters out there using them.

Thanks for the feedback.

the black is fine, but the add'l lights will make her pop out of it more by defining the edges and separating her from the background.
Nice start actually :D
bb

Yes, a three light setup would work really nicely. I've "cheated" in the past with a MagLight as a hair-light, my SB-800 as side-fill, and the pop-up flash as main. Now I borrow my dad's studio strobes, but the effect is the same.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom