My lost Chloe

Pentax K100D Super with Pentax M 85mm

IMGP2584.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love black and white shot and I love this picture, I'll always miss you.

She's not with us anymore, back in March she was getting sick and we thought it was roseola. Though we brought her to the ER, she was 10 month at the time. Found out she was having small seizure. She got send to the Children Hospital in Denver but it was suppose to be just for a check because she was already doing better. When she arrive she had a CAT Scan and everything was normal. About 8 hours after that, her heart top bitting but lucky we had 20 medical staff in the room and they managed to bring her back. After that nothing went right, her brain started to grow inside her crane which was damaging the brain itself. She was connected to machines to help a live. That night the doctors told us either she could make with severe brain damage or we could let her go. Hardest time of my life. The medical staff let us spend the might with her and the next morning we decided to let her go... I mean severe brain damage, have to be connected to machine the rest of your life and we still didn't what was going on and how the doctors could stop her brain to grow like that and they didn't give us that much hope for her. All of that was really hard and we do miss her. We found 2 weeks ago she had some genetic problem called Familial Lymphohistiochtosis. Both my wife and I as well as our 2 other children need to be tested to see if we do have the same thing or that my grand kids could have it one day. Now that we know, if someone else in the family as it, it can be treated. The Doctors and the medical staff have been really great with us and maybe the lost of our Chloe my save our kids, grand kids, nephew and nieces.

I'm happy I have a lot of pictures of her to remember her. It's a hard and sad time, but it could have avoided. Though now, she's helping saving her family.

Heart-wrenching story & I'm so sorry for your loss. Beautiful image & I'm glad you have many more! God Bless.

That is such a fantastic story... Devastatingly tragic, but there is a brilliant bright light at the end of the tunnel.
Great photo, my heart go's with you and your family.

Wow, yael. I'm so sorry to hear that.

My first son is going to be born in July, and I'm so joyful, and yet so scared, all at the same time.

Mike don't worry, I have 2 other kids 6 and 3.5 and they are doing great. That gene, one out of 50,000 person have it. The problem is that gene can mutate and cause problem, which it did on Chloe.

Don't want to scare you, but you never how long you'll get to keep your children. Enjoy every time you have with him. Congratulation to you, he will bring you joy!

Thank you so much for your words.

Here is a picture of her waving to us a few weeks before that. She was always happy!

IMGP3623.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So sorry for your loss

What can any of us say. There are no words that will ever reach the true depth of your love for her. The pictures are amazing and the story heart breaking. It makes me happy we have have our common joys of photography. For with this she will always be there with you. I will pray for you and your family. They are lovely pictures.

Latest threads

Top Bottom