1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My love at first sight post

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Sep 19, 2008.

1. In honor of Uncle Frank's post.

Little Jade is two days old today and was more alert today. Not the greatest composition, but I'll get another one tomorrow!!

original.

2. How sweet. I love him, too :) .

Looking at your first set of pics, I was struck at how much JD looks like his dad.

original.

Are they swaddling him? Shelby's parents are into swaddling and I hate it. In fact, I think I'm going to start an organization called GAS... Grandparents Against Swaddling.

3. Terri, He is a good looking little fellow.
    He will fit in well with the nice group of beautiful grandchildren you have.

4. That was quick Terri, he indeed looks wide awake and alert!
    I had to wait a couple of weeks before Brogan ( my 8wk old son) opened his eyes. He will sleep all day and wake only at night or early morning when I was not in the mood to be taking pictures!

5. Congrats on your handome new grandson!!!

Let the spoiling by Grandma begin!

6. Frank,
    I can't join your club. I love to cuddle with a swaddled baby. In fact, I just wrapped him tightly when I went to the hospital. Sorry:eek: :biggrin: Some of my girls loved it when they were babies, others didn't. They are used to being in tight quarters in the womb; I think it comforts them when they are newborns.

The baby's name is Jade (like the stone). My daughter might cringe at calling him JD because that is the name of a former boyfriend. In fact, when her husband wanted to name the baby Jade she was opposed to it for that very reason, but Mike loves the name Jade so much she agreed to go along with it. I won't tell her that you got the name confused with JD. That's what she was afraid of and I bet it won't be the last time it happens.

The baby looks so much like his dad. He doesn't look anything like any of our other grandbabies or children. It's all good because his daddy is a very nice looking man.

Hope you get to see your little Shelby again soon. I'm so lucky that I can see Jade every day.:tongue:

7. Won't four little boys running around the house be a riot!!!

8. Well, lets see some of him now!!! You are lucky he is such a good sleeper.

9. I know....he has two grandmas in town, won't he be one spoiled little boy!!

10. Nice images of your cute little guy Terri. Congratulations.

11. Way to go, Terri! And I'm not just talking about the camera expertise. Jade wouldn't have come along if you hadn't had children, so I'm giving you all of the credit. :biggrin:

Good friends of mine had three terrific daughters and their dog was also female. The father's name is Jay. He wanted one last try for a son and when the fourth daughter was born, she was named Jayde. :smile:

12. Thanks, Gordon and Mike. I think Jade will be a good name and I will take all the credit.:biggrin: Posterity is an amazing thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.