My Lucky Day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlueMerle, May 11, 2007.

1. BlueMerle

BlueMerle

Feb 17, 2007
    Fort Worth
    I own a 15" MBP and like some others have been having some heat and battery issues. I've installed every update Apple has put out with no results. I even got a new battery through an exchange program Apple offered last year. Still nothing.

So I decided to take the MBP to the local Apple store in hopes of getting another new battery. The tech did some "tech" things and asked me a few questions. Then he tells me that there is a problem with my logic board that can't be fixed so they are going to give me a new MBP!! A New MBP!!!:smile:

So, one day later, here I am typing this on my new MBP with a faster processor and twice the RAM all for the price of a little gas. Imagine my delight!:biggrin:

Clean Living! No, that can't be it... :wink: Think I'll buy a lottery ticket tonight!

Just wanted to share my good fortune and hopefully spread some of the Karma around.

2. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Sounds like you already hit a lottery.:smile:

3. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    sounds like it needed some thermal grease cleaned up and reapplied on the CPU. Good job though!

4. WOW!!! Yes, in the first Core Duo MBPs there were problems with them being excessively hot and such, and then the battery issue on top of that didn't help matters. I, too, had to exchange the battery in my MBP, but so far (knock-on-wood) I haven't had problems with excessive heat and such (bought mine in the second round of Core Duo MBPs and by then Apple had begun addressing the heat issues). A friend from work has had problems with her Core Duo (from the first batch) machine, though, and is planning to take it into the Apple store this next week again. Maybe she'll luck out the way you did. Wow, did you ever get a nice deal!!! :smile:

5. BlueMerle

BlueMerle

Feb 17, 2007
    Fort Worth
    I think you're right:smile:

I wish it was that simple. There was some very serious issue, that I don't think even Apple was able to fix.

Honestly, there were times when my original MBP was actually too hot to touch! Glad you're not having heat problems, neither am I now:biggrin: . The peace of mind knowing that my laptop will not burst into flames is more important than the fact that I got a new one.

I hope your friend is able to get a new one.