My lust has been stilled (temporarily, at least)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by djh63, Jun 24, 2007.

1. with the arrival of my new Nikkor 60f2.8 Micro and 85f1.8 lenses :) Now I need to get out and get some shots with them in order to test them properly (and to discover what else I might "need") LOL!

2. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Great glass you have there, have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  3. I think you'll love the 60mm. Mine is always in my bag with me. Doubles as a decent portrait lens as well.
    However, the 85mm seems it would be better suited to portraits.
    Nice lenses.

4. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh

2 very good pieces of glass. you will add more soon!

Enjoy.

5. I don't have the 60mm but I too hear very good things about it. I do have the 85 1.8. Although rarely used, it's my favorite lens. I find it diffucut to find the right locations/time to use the 85mm range, but when I do pull this dude out the results are amazing. That lens is a "gotta have" in my book for sure and one I'll never sell it.....

[​IMG]

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Contrary to what most people might think , I don't see the 85mm as just a portrait lens. I've used it a lot just for street photography and I love it ! You can check some of those out here if you like.

Have fun with your new toys :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Julien, those shots are great. I think you use the 85 in a perfect way. I hope to do some street stuff one day, just haven't found the right place, time, and nerve to get out there and take them.

Kap

8. epicfish

epicfish

May 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wow. Awesome series for sure. :)

9. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Thank you Kap and epicfish :redface: It was mainly to show modestly that you could do other things than portraits with it.

10. Thanks to all. Julien- a great gallery and wonderful use of the 85mm, I would love to emulate some of those shots!

11. I love it as well for Street Photography.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017