My mom on Kodrachrome

Taken about 1975 in Astoria, Oregon.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent shot, Ray, looking at your avatar, you must have been adopted, too! Just kiddin'

Love the colors and detail you captured! Kodachrome, and just one place in the states
that processes it. Hummmm.

Real Name
Chris
Now that has to be a meaningful photo Ray. And well done too! Yep, the 34 years has had little effect on a Kodachrome slide, nor will the next 35, or the 35 after that, or ...

Although I rarely shoot color anymore, I sure loved KR 'back in the day'. And it's good to know that they will last, and last, and last. I'm real sad to see it go. By this time next year, most of the Kodachrome in the world will have been exposed and processed. Novelty rolls will sell on ebay for exorbitant prices, and even Dwaynes may not be processing it by then. An era ended this year - the time of the temporary image is here.

:smile:
Love it! What a glorious smile amidst all that color!
Yep, I really liked the KC colors.
Can't beat Kodachrome!. Great looking mom.
Thanks, I think that's why my dad married her. Here she is in 1945 (with yours truly) in England!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Excellent shot, Ray, looking at your avatar, you must have been adopted, too! Just kiddin'

Love the colors and detail you captured! Kodachrome, and just one place in the states
that processes it. Hummmm.
Lol! What really surprises is the detail captured by my old Minolta Hi-Matic!

Now that has to be a meaningful photo Ray. And well done too! Yep, the 34 years has had little effect on a Kodachrome slide, nor will the next 35, or the 35 after that, or ...

Although I rarely shoot color anymore, I sure loved KR 'back in the day'. And it's good to know that they will last, and last, and last. I'm real sad to see it go. By this time next year, most of the Kodachrome in the world will have been exposed and processed. Novelty rolls will sell on ebay for exorbitant prices, and even Dwaynes may not be processing it by then. An era ended this year - the time of the temporary image is here.
Oddly enough Chris, back in the day I shot mostly Ektachrome for the speed bump!

Real Name
Chris
Oddly enough Chris, back in the day I shot mostly Ektachrome for the speed bump!
If there was enough light, I'd even shoot Kodachrome-25, cause it was ... like amazing. But the asa 64 was good, and even 200 worked nicely. But as I was a low light freak back then, I often used Ektachrome 400, in the blue and yellow box. I think they used blue in the box as 'weak point advertising', since it seemed to go yellow at the drop of a hat. That and it's infamous 1/3 stop latitude made it a tricky film indeed to use.

I used to print it on Cibachrome at home, but there were several excellent E6 labs here in town to develop the film. I did it at home a few times, always with less than fully satisfactory results. Remember the smell of walking into an E6 lab?

Ahhhh.

By the way, I still use Ektachrome 64T to make slides of my B&W and toned prints. It's a nicely made film - not as grainless as KR64 under the loupe, but I can't see any when it's projected normally. And Tempe Camera still soups it overnight. But the place has modern ventillation, so ... no smell. :frown:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom