My Mom would kill me…..

If she knew that not only did I take these photos of her that others would be looking at them. She hates her photo being taken as she gets older as she says that she doesn’t look nice anymore, but I think that she’s beautiful, but I may be a little bias as she is my mom…:wink: And although I shouldn’t say her age as she would kill me again…LOL… well all I can say is late 80’s, as I took these with out her really knowing. I just love the way they turned out, and how the 80-200 does such a superb job… Here are just a few that I took…

She loves pottering around in her garden...
D80, 80-200f/2.8 @ 200mm, f/2.8, 1/500sec, EV0.0,ISO360
816129247_6cecef4afb_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D80, 80-200f/2.8 @ 185mm, f/2.8, 1/500sec, EV0.0, ISO1600 - Very happy with this at ISO1600
816129253_c1f6066007_o.jpg

D80, 80-200f/2.8 @ 200mm, f/2.8, 1/500sec, EV0.0,ISO360
816129167_82c689395d_b.jpg

Thanks for looking…..

Love the shots. Do you have a dropper tool for white balance and are you shooting in raw? if so that second one is a little warm.

[FONT=&quot]
at 1600?? Incredible. There's a fine Lady who I bet casn tell a few good stories !!
Excelent exposure too.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks Jim…. She certainly does have a few stories to tell and the things she has seen and experience could fill a book or two….[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Love the shots. Do you have a dropper tool for white balance and are you shooting in raw? if so that second one is a little warm.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hi James..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These were shot in jpg, but I’ll give the color a bit of a tweak tonight when I get home from work… I hadn’t planed to shoot these and it was just one of the moment things and didn’t really have time to change my camera settings… And if my mom noticed that I was using the camera and that I may have been trying to get some shots of her, well that rake she was using just may have just ended up…. Err well we just won’t go there…LOL…:wink::wink:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Beautiful.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hi Shellie… Thank you… Even though she doesn’t like her photo being taken, well these are the moments that you can capture, and keep forever….. [/FONT]

These are very nice images and your mother looks great.

Thanks Gordon... And I'm sure that my mom will appreciate that someone thinks that she "looks great"...:smile: It may even make her blush.... Thanks again for you kind comments....

Those are fantastic and she looks great :smile:

Thanks Dude.... For a bunch of shots that I took shooting quickly and then hiding the camera so that my mom didn't see me taking photos of her, I was extremely happy the way they turned out.... But yes, in the end she did catch me... Unfortunately, the shot where I was sprung, I blurred slightly...damn....:rolleyes:

Oh how I love the 80-200 f/2.8, its such a great performer.....

Your mother is a very beautiful woman - bet she had to beat the guys away. Gorgeous woman...please tell her I said so.

Awesome shots.

N

Nuteshack

lovely images Wally...wish my mom was still here, i really miss her:frown:...thanks for sharing,,,and i'm certainly impressed with how the 80 handles 1600iso:biggrin:

These are beautiful shots, Wally. What a wonderful character sequence. Your mother may not like them, but I'm certain you will cherish them as long as you are alive. I think they are great and she is beautiful!!!!!

Thanks to everyone...

Great shots, glad you decided to share :)
Thanks Houndog, I was extremely happy with the final results…
Your mother is a very beautiful woman - bet she had to beat the guys away. Gorgeous woman...please tell her I said so.
Awesome shots.
Thank you Seneca… She was and still is very attractive woman, but I guess I’m a little bias… :wink: I will pass on your compliments, but if you don't hear from me for a while, it means that I'd be recovering in hospital after mom finds out that others had seen her photos....LOL...
Really love the first one
Thanks Ptchfork, it’s my favourite as well……
lovely images Wally...wish my mom was still here, i really miss her:frown:...thanks for sharing,,,and i'm certainly impressed with how the 80 handles 1600iso:biggrin:
Hey my ol’ mate Nute… Thanks buddy… I know how you feel as I lost my Dad last year, and miss him heaps….

Here is one of the last photos I took of him….
219917765_50babaed6d.jpg

The 80-200 is just one of my favorite lenses; I just can’t do wrong with it. I’m sure it’s the lens as it just shines on both the D50 & D80….
These are beautiful shots, Wally. What a wonderful character sequence. Your mother may not like them, but I'm certain you will cherish them as long as you are alive. I think they are great and she is beautiful!!!!!
Thanks Chris for your kind words, and I will cherish these photos for as long as I live…
I love the first one. Great images.
Thanks Sam, the first one is the one I really liked as well….

Latest threads

Top Bottom