My muse

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Greetings,

Here's a natural light image I shot of Annika in my studio. D100, 85mm 1.8, iso200.

I work with a lot of beautiful women but Annika is the total package, and the nicest person you would ever want to meet. Bright, funny, curious and always on time and ready to work. Life is good.

Woody

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

W

Wossname

Hi Woody

Oh she's a beaut, such a lovely, open countenance, the camera really likes her. Just one minor point, it looks like you maybe missed the focus point on the eyes, though it might be my monitor not being the best.

Please post some more mate.

Cheers

Neil

She's lovely. W/a face like that, I can see why she'd always be on time to be photographed! Well captured.

K

kengo

I like the look, lighting is very sensual. Just one critisism: Bra seems one cup too big, I have shot quite a number of underwear and lingerie ads, and filling up the garment is one of the most important thing we look for. We even sometimes intentionaly get a size smaller for the model to make sure.

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Hey, I'm beginning to like it here! I'm getting things pointed out that I don't on OMP. This stuff is very helpful :D

Niel,
Shooting wide open doesn't give much DOF so I opted for the eye with the best lighting. I know the closest eye is preferred but that's how it goes sometime.

Leigh,
The pretty ones are usually the ones with "the world can wait for me" attitude... in my experience anyway.

Ken,
Thanks for your critique. I looked at your website and I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Always rewarding to have a working pro comment on my efforts.

Woody

Great model and very nice shot. Light, pose, expression and framing/crop are excellent.

One thing - her eyes look a tad "Photoshopped" to me - like you air brushed the catchlight or duplicated her left eye and move it to the right (looks like an exact match). Any PS work on the eyes?

Aside from the bra size already noted - I find the lace between bra cups distracting.

W

Wossname

Czechman01 said:
Hey, I'm beginning to like it here! I'm getting things pointed out that I don't on OMP. This stuff is very helpful :D

Niel,
Shooting wide open doesn't give much DOF so I opted for the eye with the best lighting. I know the closest eye is preferred but that's how it goes sometime.

Woody
Hi Woody.

Understood mate, however, you might want to check see if the D100 is front focusing a bit then, because it looks like a lot of the hair and the front of the bra cup is sharp. My guess is that the AF has settled on the tip of the nose.

Of course, it's a good excuse to have the lady return for another session :D

Cheers

Neil

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom