My neighbor's dogs -- please critique

Here are some shots I took over the weekend with a deliberate attempt to cut back on contrast, something that has always been a problem for me. I like the bokeh but I'm not sure if the snaps are too contrasty. I applied very little PP, mostly to lighten shadows and reduce contrast.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ken
In the first one the eye are not the focal point so the image does not draw the correct attention IMO
numbers 2 and 3 are great. I like the touch of the flowers but there is a bit too much on the right side, I would crop it a bit.
The last one just needs more DOF.
Dave

Even though the focus is more on the nose than the eyes (which some people prefer anyway), I really like the composition of this shot, and love the feel of the 2nd one...
Well done mate...

I have to agree with Dave on that Ken, the first one is a nice shot but would be better if the eyes were the focal point. I love the second one, the third i agree you should crop a little on the right because its a little bit of open space thats not needed, and the last one, is also a great picture but the dog on the left isnt as sharp as the one right.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom