My new 85mm 1.4 AIS

Mounted on my D80, shot with my D700 :biggrin:
Gimme a break! I'm at work and cannot make any adjustments nor do I have any interesting subjects.

Shot with the Sigma 24 @ 1.8
2765813311_d73e8321a2_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's a nice looking hunk of glass Francis, I can't wait to see what you can do with it and the lovely bokeh it produces

Would like to see a side view to see how it compares to the af-d version. Thanks.

Sure thing.

2765971553_2d475cf4a4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks a lot, Frank. Hopefully the rain won't kill the whole weekend. How are you and the D300 getting along?

very well thanks:wink:
haven't done much shooting either lately
but I love the bulkier feel and I can finally shoot up to 1600 with worrying too much

will also get back into some Ai/AiS lenses now that I can meter

N

Nuteshack

congrats, Francis..but i'm more excited about your 24 1.8 on your new d700...lets see some moa...;-)

How much did you pay for it, if I may ask? I'm on the lookout for a 135 2.0 AIS myself but I'm so afraid of MF with my D200s viewfinder. MF used to be easy but not so anymore on digital bodies.

IMO, that is stunning piece of glass. It looks like a beast, a beast which is good at collecting light !!! What I like the most nowadays is looking at a brand new DSLR like the D700 and D3 with an old school lens mounted on it.
Those lenses remind us at the good old dayzzz :)

Take care and good luck with it !!!

Johan

Yeah I wish. The AF is still a bit too expensive for me at the moment (poor student). Konijn took enough of my money this year :biggrin:. Maybe next year.

So many lenses to buy and so little money ! :tongue:

Yeah I wish. The AF is still a bit too expensive for me at the moment (poor student). Konijn took enough of my money this year :biggrin:. Maybe next year.

So many lenses to buy and so little money ! :tongue:

When it comes to buying photo equipment I have all the patience in the world. I save up as good as I can and only buy the good stuff. The latest thing I want is putting all my money into it.
I've started buying my gear with Konijnenberg this year. I bought the 50 1.4 and the 24-70 2.8 lately.
Powaq, If you don't have the 85 1.4 AF yet, the 50 1.4 is a stunning piece of glass as well and is alot cheaper. It's more than a 3th of the price over the 85.

Cu

When it comes to buying photo equipment I have all the patience in the world. I save up as good as I can and only buy the good stuff. The latest thing I want is putting all my money into it.
I've started buying my gear with Konijnenberg this year. I bought the 50 1.4 and the 24-70 2.8 lately.
Powaq, If you don't have the 85 1.4 AF yet, the 50 1.4 is a stunning piece of glass as well and is alot cheaper. It's more than a 3th of the price over the 85.

Cu

Yup I'm saving up for the 50 1.4 and 85 1.8 right now. I've owned them in the past but sold them when going digital. I used to have a nice collection of primes but went completely to Pro zooms when I went digital. I'm getting back into primes now. Got the 60 micro nikkor and Sig 30mm right now.

After that I'll be getting the 105 1.8 (used to own a 2.5 a few years a go) or the 135 2.0. If I land enough photo gigs I'll consider a 105/135 AF-D.

Latest threads

Top Bottom