My new dog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allan, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Two weeks ago I posted about putting our Chelsea to sleep - here

I had planned to wait till summer when I retire to get another dog. In fact, I put a deposit on a Shith Tzu which would be ready 6/10.

However, there was an article in our paper about 2 people from Alabama who wanted to rescue 20 dogs that the shelter down there could not keep alive. They put the 20 dogs in a van and drove them to Nashua. I thought I would take a look.

I did not get one of those dogs, but I found Toby. He is 1 year 4 months old, a mix between a bichon and a beagle (seems strange.) One look in his big eyes and I wanted him. So did my wife. So, we brought him home.

He is sure different than Chelsea and from the little dog (15 pounds) we planned on getting - he is 34 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Congrats!
    Toby looks like he is honourable and has humility.
    A dignified lad.
    Im sure he will be a great partner, pardner:smile:
    Nice colours in the shot btw.:wink:
  3. Toby found you my friend and you both will be better for that.
  4. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awwwhe is a precious pup:>)))
  5. Way Cool!!!! Congrats. We know some folks with a Schnauzer/Poodle mix, these are called Schnoodles (I wish I made THAT one up), but I'm puzzled with yours.

Bichoneagle - pronounced *****'nEagle for all the Bird photographers :wink:

Boy, this is a tough one, somebody help me out, please!!!!!!
  6. Bill
    you are a bona fide nut!! LOL
  7. How about a Bigle or a Beachon?? :tongue:

Congrats on the new pooch, hope you all have a lot of fun together.
  8. GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Those eyes would have gotten me too. He looks like a very special little guy and I'm happy for Toby and for you two...not to mention how lucky Toby is to be alive and with a great future. AND what an unusual mix of dogs... sure is cute!

Congrats! GAYE
  9. That's so wonderful - you'll go straight to heaven for saving this little guy and giving him a home. Those ears are something else! :smile:
  10. Awww, what a doll! He is such an interesting mix. Congratulations on finding the right dog for you!!
  11. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thats a great story. I have a Shih-Tzu named Toby, and he is just wonderful. I hope that all goes well with your new family member.
  12. Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    this is a cute dog. His eyes, they sure do pull you in, huh?

There are also crosses between labradors and big poodles called Labradoodles. I swear...

Anyone can take a puppy home, but a dog that needs a home, that's a noble gesture, he gets to live his life to the fullest now, that's nice! A second chance.

13. Congrats way to go I am sure you will both bring happiness to each other for years to go
  14. keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    The full breed name is Bison Frise (pronounced free-ZAY), so it seems to me that a mix with a Beagle would be a (wait for it now) --

Very best wishes with your new dog!
  15. Chelsea was a delicate princess - Toby is more real dog. When I lied on the floor Toby licked my hands, face, and butt. Chelsea would lie next to be and just want to spoon. :)

So, Toby is not Chelsea; will enjoy a different personality but will take a bit of time to adjust.
  16. Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Now there's a face full of mischief!

Congratulations and well done.
  17. Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Congratulations on the new addition to your family. He sure is a cutie.
  18. Congrats. Very cute new member of the family you have there.
  19. Not according to the American Kennel Club Page on the Bichon Frise. Luckily for you, the "frise" part still works :wink: Now it is true that some other "non-official" sites list as Bison, but that is REALLY a great big animal, not a dog at all ..... :wink: :wink:
  20. keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Oops - and to think that I edited that post several times for serially spelling frisbee wrong. Well, at least you won't find any Bison Frise's poking their heads out of Hollywood starlets' handbags as fashion accessories.