1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My new dog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allan, Apr 10, 2007.

1. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Congrats! All pets fill a void we have in our lives, I know I love to spoil my (2) dogs when I get home, they never complain about work like my wife and I occasionally do, are always happy to see you and give you unconditional love. So happy you were able to give this fella a second chance, good luck to all of you. - Jeff :smile:

2. Crongrats on the new family addition, he's a real looker.:smile:

3. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Now we need a profile view of Toby. He's one of the cutest doggies I've ever seen. And the hair is priceless along with the great eyes. He has it all!

4. I don't want to get carried away with the cute. Toby has cute looks, like when he cocks his head. But I am not ready for a profile shot yet Gaye. He has this stringy tail and walks with its head to the ground (beagle heritage) which looks funny.

Right now I am getting used to walking a stronger dog than my passive sheltie was and getting used to a dog that is not trained well. I want to go to obedience class but the best place around here meets on Mondays, and I will be taking a trip in May and don't want to miss a class - so I will wait till I get home.

Jeff, I usually get home before my wife and it is nice not to be in an empty house. (Even though as a school teacher you would think I would like peace and quiet after a day with 10 year olds.)

5. My dog is not a mutt. It is called a glechon, a bichon beagle mix recognized by the American Canine Hybrid Club. Until 2 minutes ago I did not know any of this.

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    So it's a 'GLECHON'.. I had no idea. Thanks for that information. Good luck with all the training in your future :) 

7. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    He's adorable! One of my dogs is a schnauzer/beagle mix, and she has personality plus. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.