My new dog

Two weeks ago I posted about putting our Chelsea to sleep - here

I had planned to wait till summer when I retire to get another dog. In fact, I put a deposit on a Shith Tzu which would be ready 6/10.

However, there was an article in our paper about 2 people from Alabama who wanted to rescue 20 dogs that the shelter down there could not keep alive. They put the 20 dogs in a van and drove them to Nashua. I thought I would take a look.

I did not get one of those dogs, but I found Toby. He is 1 year 4 months old, a mix between a bichon and a beagle (seems strange.) One look in his big eyes and I wanted him. So did my wife. So, we brought him home.

He is sure different than Chelsea and from the little dog (15 pounds) we planned on getting - he is 34 pounds.

toby5183.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
a mix between a bichon and a beagle (seems strange.)

Way Cool!!!! Congrats. We know some folks with a Schnauzer/Poodle mix, these are called Schnoodles (I wish I made THAT one up), but I'm puzzled with yours.

Bichoneagle - pronounced *****'nEagle for all the Bird photographers :wink:
Bigle
Beagon
Bichle

Boy, this is a tough one, somebody help me out, please!!!!!!

Allen,
Those eyes would have gotten me too. He looks like a very special little guy and I'm happy for Toby and for you two...not to mention how lucky Toby is to be alive and with a great future. AND what an unusual mix of dogs... sure is cute!

Congrats! GAYE

That's so wonderful - you'll go straight to heaven for saving this little guy and giving him a home. Those ears are something else! :smile:

G

Gr8Tr1x

Thats a great story. I have a Shih-Tzu named Toby, and he is just wonderful. I hope that all goes well with your new family member.

this is a cute dog. His eyes, they sure do pull you in, huh?

There are also crosses between labradors and big poodles called Labradoodles. I swear...

Anyone can take a puppy home, but a dog that needs a home, that's a noble gesture, he gets to live his life to the fullest now, that's nice! A second chance.

Congrats!

Way Cool!!!! Congrats. We know some folks with a Schnauzer/Poodle mix, these are called Schnoodles (I wish I made THAT one up), but I'm puzzled with yours.

Bichoneagle - pronounced *****'nEagle for all the Bird photographers :wink:
Bigle
Beagon
Bichle

Boy, this is a tough one, somebody help me out, please!!!!!!

The full breed name is Bison Frise (pronounced free-ZAY), so it seems to me that a mix with a Beagle would be a (wait for it now) --

FRISBEE!!!

Very best wishes with your new dog!

Chelsea was a delicate princess - Toby is more real dog. When I lied on the floor Toby licked my hands, face, and butt. Chelsea would lie next to be and just want to spoon. :)

So, Toby is not Chelsea; will enjoy a different personality but will take a bit of time to adjust.

The full breed name is Bison Frise (pronounced free-ZAY), so it seems to me that a mix with a Beagle would be a (wait for it now) --

FRISBEE!!!

Very best wishes with your new dog!

Not according to the American Kennel Club Page on the Bichon Frise. Luckily for you, the "frise" part still works :wink: Now it is true that some other "non-official" sites list as Bison, but that is REALLY a great big animal, not a dog at all ..... :wink: :wink:

Not according to the American Kennel Club Page on the Bichon Frise. Luckily for you, the "frise" part still works :wink: Now it is true that some other "non-official" sites list as Bison, but that is REALLY a great big animal, not a dog at all ..... :wink: :wink:

Oops - and to think that I edited that post several times for serially spelling frisbee wrong. Well, at least you won't find any Bison Frise's poking their heads out of Hollywood starlets' handbags as fashion accessories.

Latest threads

Top Bottom