Review My new EPM-1 first impressions

To me the 20 and 45 are really two different lenses. The 20 makes an excellent walk-around lens, but the 45 is really best suited for portraiture. I sold mine awhile back and then re-bought it after realizing how much I miss it! This lens basically made me sell my 85 1.4 G, just because I brought my 45 1.8 with me everywhere!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6XqsFvJ0d6A/TzyOyIPlUEI/AAAAAAAABgw/vO-cdvhvsDw/s800/JSF23064.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-GrlHyCDEUns/TwzBorYRFXI/AAAAAAAABVE/qfGLuKWry9U/s800/JSF21582.jpg
She sure is cute!

What technique did you use to remove the noise?
When opening a raw file in camera raw click on the "detail" icon on the top(looks like a triangle), then viewing the image at 100% or big enough to see the noise move the "luminance" slider to the right until your satisfied, usually about 38 or so... In Lightroom you scroll down to the detail section and move the luminance slider the same way... It just handles noise a little differently than the built in jpg engine and I think it is better as far as removing noise and keeping detail especially on higher ISO shots.

When opening a raw file in camera raw click on the "detail" icon on the top(looks like a triangle), then viewing the image at 100% or big enough to see the noise move the "luminance" slider to the right until your satisfied, usually about 38 or so... In Lightroom you scroll down to the detail section and move the luminance slider the same way... It just handles noise a little differently than the built in jpg engine and I think it is better as far as removing noise and keeping detail especially on higher ISO shots.
I thought maybe you were doing something unusual. Thanks for replying. It's nice to get advice from a perfectionist! I like it that you study everything out so well and make comparisons. I don't have that much patience. So I get the benefit from all your hard work.

I thought maybe you were doing something unusual. Thanks for replying. It's nice to get advice from a perfectionist! I like it that you study everything out so well and make comparisons. I don't have that much patience. So I get the benefit from all your hard work.
I keep my photoshop skills pretty basic, I like to find out what works the best but I don't want to manipulate the files more than I have to to get good results, if I want a certain look I will use filters like OnOne's Phototools 2.6 or Silver Efex Pro for black & white conversions...

Terri,

Congrats on the camera! You are getting some nice initial results. Color me impressed.

The brown truck just delivered mine today: the battery is in the charger, I loaded the CD on the iMac, looked briefly at the manual, and now I am waiting... with an eye on the Panasonic 20/1.7 I bought last week from a guy on Fred Miranda living in the same town as me, without me even owning the camera yet.

Sure looks like tons of fun!

Terri,

Congrats on the camera! You are getting some nice initial results. Color me impressed.

The brown truck just delivered mine today: the battery is in the charger, I loaded the CD on the iMac, looked briefly at the manual, and now I am waiting... with an eye on the Panasonic 20/1.7 I bought last week from a guy on Fred Miranda living in the same town as me, without me even owning the camera yet.

Sure looks like tons of fun!
Can't wait to hear what you think. I hope to see you post some photos soon. The 20/1.7 seems to be a very nice little lens. I can't wait to take it out snowshoeing this weekend.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom