My New F5 Digital (or is it a D5??)

My 7 year old F5 lost a button off the back. The retaining clip must have broken and the pieces got into the power supply board and shorted it out. End result, the F5 is dead. I sent it to Nikon early in the month and approved the $200 estimate 3 weeks ago. At the time, they said I would see it back in a week. Today, it finally arrived home. According to the list of things they did, they fixed the following:
B2 level repair, replace PSB (Power supply board)
adjust AF, adjust TTL flash, clean CCD!!!!! WOW!!! I didn't know I had a CCD in my F5, but Nikon must know better than I, they made it!
Whoopie! I have a CCD in my F5 (or is it now a D5??)
I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but boy, will I have fun now!! I guess it took them all that extra time to install the CCD in my camera. Way to go Nikon!!!!

Maybe it's under the film back. I'll have to open it up when I get home. If it is, too bad, I was hoping to run film and digital together. Hmmmm, there's an idea, digital capture with back up to film.....

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Open the back and lay a 4GB sandisk extreme III CF card (be sure the label is facing up) and slam the back shut. Then cry a little about the broken CF card and film back but send it back to Nikon and tell them to put the LCD in the newly formed hole in the back.

Hey Baywing,

Great to see ya on the nikon cafe :>))

Gues you have been doing ok... F5 to D5.. humm nice trick :>)))

Dave, I don't have a 4 GB card so I'll have to pass.
Gale, Thanks, but if you check the registration, you'll see I've been around here for quite a while, just been casually lurking the last month or two as things got very busy. Then there was the rapid growth here at the Cafe and it's hard to keep up with everything in 5 minutes every-other day!

Latest threads

Top Bottom