My new friend Terry & his daughter Steph

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Had the distinct pleasure of finally meeting the man who sold me my house in FL. This was all done long distance via the phone and emails, and the sale took place without me ever setting foot in the house. I did see it from the outside, and since I was living in IN at the time, and being the incredibly lazy type, that's how it went down. Backdoctor assisted with the interior pics. Terry went above and beyond the call to help me with much needed info & important contact numbers.
    To show my gratitude, I offered to shoot some pics of him and his kid. He suggested we meet at his daughter's fast pitch spftball game, and I could get some shots of them there. While I didn't get any really cool action shots, I did manage to get these. All shot with my D2Hs/70-200VR+TC14.
    Had to rescue this one from fairly severe underexposure. I didn't get a chance for even a 2nd shot, as they had to rush over to their next of 3 games in a row.
    original.

Steph at bat:
    original.

Call Strike? :confused:
    original.

The sometimes boring life of a right fielder:
    original.

The inning's finally over!:
    original.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2005
  2. Some nice shots steve. Good exposure, and sharp. I'm sure they'll be happy with them. Tell her next time, the ball needs to hit the wood for a great shot.:cool:

3. very nice and enjoyable series

4. Very pretty girl. Maybe you should arrange for a studio session! :wink:

5. Interesting story Steve and I like the shots as well.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That's funny, in the time-limited game I watched, she was only at bat twice, and was walked once. The other at bat, she drove one into the dirt right in front of home plate, much like the effect of a bunt, and did get a single out of it, and ultimately scored from that wierd single. I had a shot of that, but it wasn't too sharp, so I deleted it.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey, thanks for lookin Dave!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, Kevin, you must know that when I send the dad over the proofs, I had to mention that a free portrait session was offered. I even went so far as to suggest she could probably be a very successful model if she had a mind to. The only reply I got from dad was him asking if I had any swing sequence shots I could send over so they could analyze her swing technique! :confused:

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Gordon. Too bad I didn't get a shot of her really crunching one. Her dad really wanted a shot of that! Since he's just a divorced "weekend dad" now, at least now they've both got a few 5x7 prints, and dad's got the same web sized shots on his laptop to take with him when he travels.

11. Lol, Steve! I see this from both sides. Frustration as a photog and understanding as a father who takes his camera to his daughter's tumbling private lessons to review her technique in hopes of improvement. (8fps does come in handy when they're flipping upside down!)

12. Don't be confused i will explain: You want her as model or suggest her to be model. Her father suggest her to be softballer because of the swing anylising. So i would go out and shoot her some more Steve. Delete all good hitters and shoot her beauty. And explain her father that you are sorry but you don't see any good in analyzing her hits because they will not work. But her beauty works on the camera. So you analyzed it and you suggest her to try out modelling.

:biggrin: Don't you think Steve. As we all see she haves potential. Maybe she must go play tennis i can remember Anna Kournikova. She was not good in tennis but good in front of the camera.

Great shots.

13. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Nice shots Steve.its always fun to shoot friends&family.

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Vince, but I'm not trying to get her into modeling! And I hope it didn't come across to the dad that way either. :eek: I merely suggested that she could have a carreer in modeling if that's something she wanted, and I love to do a free in-studio portrait of her sometime. The dad, on the other hand, is much more interested in seeing her excel in athletics. I may go back and shoot some more of her playing softball though. He does want to get some swing analysis shots to review with her.

15. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey, thanks Rathika! Yes, it's fun and challenging to do these sporting events, then to be able to show the parents the results of my hard work.