My new Holga

So, I ordered a holga 120N and it showed up today, for some reason I felt like I had just gotten a brand new Linhof view camera delivered to my house. LOL. I loaded it with Acros and went out on walk with it. I had fun carrying it around, it felt I was truly carrying around one of my sons toys. I'm not sure if its a waste to shoot on Holga or not, but for what its worth it made me get out and shoot. Anyhow, these are souped in Rodinal 1:150 for 60 minutes.

i-vNGJT7x-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-z86s394-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
Very cool - a graveyard is possibly the perfect subject for Holgagraphing too! Did you know that you can also shoot 35mm in a Holga without any modding? You just need to unload in the dark and rewind by turning the spindle on the cassette. If the vertical position of the film moves between exposures, ... well, isn't that just more Holga-like?

ps, no, it's never a waste to shoot on a Holga. Photography is supposed to be fun, right?

Hi Chris, yup graveyard is really fitting for Holga. This graveyard is actually decommissioned so there are no bodies under ground. It is actually a park now with some tombstones still in one corner of it.

Yeah, I saw the 35mm mod for it, I might give it a go at some point. Absolutely photography is about having fun and I did sure have fun with my $30 holga.

Thanks, give in to temptation, the new ones that they sale have a working aperture settings, tripod mount and bulb setting.

Really? Which ones are those?

That's my problem with Holga cameras, I'm okay with plastic lens and shoddy construction, but please, give me a real control, even though they are not super accurate. I like to take pictures, not a dim hope of getting one :)

Real Name
Chris
The aperture control does nothing though. It's got sun and shade icons, but the aperture that slides behind the lens is larger than the opening in the lens. Bulb is nice though. You hold the button down in dim light until the film feels exposed.

The Aperature is working on mine, I can see it change in size lol. Supposedly all new ones are now fixed.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom