1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My New Model with 85 f/1.4 @ f/2

Discussion in 'People' started by thomye, Jul 18, 2008.

1. thomye

thomye

Jan 7, 2008
    California
    [​IMG][/IMG]

taken in office with floor to roof windows behind her and to my left. I put flash on my camera right to fill. i think the 85mm definately helps novices like me. love the lens. CC please.

the little flare to the right is a reflection of sun off another glass buildiing.

2. KG72

KG72 Guest

Color is good... no bad hotspots on the face. Focus seems a bit soft though.

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

my, she has PERFECT teeth!!!

4. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    lol Nute
    teeth ?

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

hahahaha
    :tongue:

6. Yeah real nice teeth... :wink:

The shot is pretty soft and maybe even OOF. I would place her facing the window light to give you a more flattering image with better lighting and not a blown background.

You have a pretty model in your favor so the rest is up to you...

7. I would have said she has perfect.......er.......uh....teeth, yeah, that's right, teeth! :biggrin:

8. wow...nice picture and definitely nice TEETH! I can stare at them all day. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
  9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    That's what I was thinking too when I saw her smile. :biggrin:

10. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Shes a pretty lady. I like the softness of the shot, but why is she looking down, did she know you were taking the picture?

11. GREAT image, HOORAH for the 85 again!
    Next time get her to open her eyes more so the 85 can really do it's stuff ;) 

12. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Nice photo but seems just a tad OOF.

13. She may be looking down at the center spot of the photographer.
    If that´s right, not only she is going to be content at that hour.

14. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    It seems a little soft to me as well. Other than that, nice photo. And she really does have some nice ... teeth! :tongue:

15. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    I wouldn't have noticed if she had NO teeth. Great shot. I love the look of it, including the flare. It is moody and has a special quality to it.

16. thomye

thomye

Jan 7, 2008
    California
    I too like the softness. :)  Not sure at what point you draw the line between OOF and softness though. guess i'm still learning.

As for your question regarding her looking down, i have some others that she wasn't looking down but something about this picture which made it seem a little more natural. she doesn't model and i'm by no means a photographer so it is sort of a learning curve for the both of us.

we'll have another go at it the next time she and I have time.

17. thomye

thomye

Jan 7, 2008
    California
    thanks for the cc everyone. it helps. i'll have another go soon.

18. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

right on Thom ....and be sure and show us more of her TEETH:biggrin:..i think she could be a poster child for ultra bite:wink:
    :Love:

19. Adam73

Adam73 Guest

I agree perfect Teeth. Very pretty model.

20. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Gorgeous!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.