My new purchase

I like your thought process. I am hoping the Z series will mature enough in the next five years where I will switch to it when I retire.

Otherwise, just want to say to enjoy your trip to ONP and Victoria. I just got back and it was wonderful though I hope the smoke from the BC fires clear up before you get there. Luckily, I was flexible enough be able t wait out the smoke on a few days.
Oh no!! We've had some of the Canadian smoke in Idaho the past few weeks. Hopefully it will be over and done with by the time we go. We are on a tight schedule and don't have the luxury of waiting out the smoke.

Real Name
David
The D5600 is a fine body, the processor and sensor are the same as are in the D7200 if I'm not mistaken. And while the D7200 has a LOT of FEATURES, how many of them make you a better photographer?

Back in 2017 when I punted on my second (and last) run at m4/3 I bought a barely used D5600. I did not immediately buy any lenses specifically for the D5600. I made do with a Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX that I had been using with my D500. For almost a year that was my only lens for the D5600. The combo is splendid for grandkids.

20170508-DSC_0045.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back in 2017 when I punted on my second (and last) run at m4/3 I bought a barely used D5600. I did not immediately buy any lenses specifically for the D5600. I made do with a Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX that I had been using with my D500. For almost a year that was my only lens for the D5600. The combo is splendid for grandkids.

View attachment 1620737
I'm so glad to hear this. That is a wonderful example!!

Really nice photos, Terri! Hey, you look so much like your mother — family resemblance is unmistakable! I think you and that little camera are going to get along just great..... As for your question about Zenfolio, I haven’t gone into my gallery for a few days, I’ll have to take a look and see if something is going on.

I have had strangers come up to me and ask me if I am her daughter. They know her and think I look like her. So I guess that there is a strong resemblance.

The D5600 is a fine body, the processor and sensor are the same as are in the D7200 if I'm not mistaken. And while the D7200 has a LOT of FEATURES, how many of them make you a better photographer?

I guess for this little camera, all I need are the basics. If I need something with advanced features, I'll just use my D610. I'm glad to hear it is similar to the D7200.

Excellent reasoning and equally excellent photos Terry.

Thank you so much!!

You've got it dialed in so well, and it's only going to get better in your hands!

Just watched a YouTube video on setting it up. It's nice to have all these helpful resources. Luckily the person making the presentation mostly shoots the same way I do. I'm thinking about your challenge. Hope I can come up with something....

A new camera is always fun. It's like a shot of photographic adrenalin, for me anyway.

That's a good way to explain the fun...."photographic adrenalin"!

I’ve taken a lot of photos this weekend. I think I found a new way of shooting that is working out good for me. I have always done back button focusing but I turned that off and am using my thumb to move the focus point around on the touch screen. I’m getting a lot more shots in focus that way. I love the touch screen!

I’ve taken a lot of photos this weekend. I think I found a new way of shooting that is working out good for me. I have always done back button focusing but I turned that off and am using my thumb to move the focus point around on the touch screen. I’m getting a lot more shots in focus that way. I love the touch screen!

Sounds interesting, Terri. I guess that means you're in Live View? I see how that can be effective if you have spare batteries.

Sounds interesting, Terri. I guess that means you're in Live View? I see how that can be effective if you have spare batteries.
No. I’m looking through the viewfinder. The screen is actually not lit up. You move your thumb around the screen and it moves the focus point. It’s very fast. It took a little practice but I’m proficient at it now. You turn it on on the menu. Custom, f3, assign touch function, focus point selection.

I was at my local Microcenter store today and saw that in their camera department they had the Nikon D5600 on display, so I picked it up and played with it for a few minutes. Wow, it’s small and lightweight! I was surprised at the close focusing distance of the 18-55mm kit lens they had on it, too, as I casually shot a couple of shots of a camera nearby and a promotional sign. I can see why you are so pleased with your new camera, Terri!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom