1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My new (to me) 35-70 is real sharp....

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by olddogg, Sep 8, 2008.

1. A few samples:

I've posted shot of the Carson Mansion in Eureka, Ca before, but not taken with this lens. Such a perfect test subject.

f8 1/500 ISO 200

[​IMG]

A street in the Old Town area.

f5.6 1/500 iSO 200

[​IMG]

Wind toy outside a shop. This one is wide open.

[​IMG]

I agree with those who tout this lens as a real bargain in the Nikon universe. It will also work fine on a future FF camera.

2. Very nice Jack. It really is a great lens. Glad you're enjoying it.

3. johan1967

johan1967

Jun 30, 2008
    Netherlands
    Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

This could be a cheap but very good alternative for me when I need a walkaround lens with AF. It doesn't happen every week, but sometimes I need AF.

4. I am enjoying it, though it is awkward at first. I'm used to zooms that go WIDE. Makes me look at new angles of view. That's a good thing, I think.

It's not the fastest focusing lens in my bag, but fast enough it seems to me, for most things in a walk about lens.

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lovely Jack ...CONGRATS, Sir!

ironic, i've had this lens on my d200 the last 2 days. a couple samples, if u don't mind.
    @2.8, 1/40s, 800iso, 48mm
    2840734151_1b06169a1a_o.
    NIKON D200    ---    48mm    f/2.8    1/40s    ISO 800

@2.8, 1/100s, 220iso, 40mm
    2841573182_f6c4fcfd4b_o.
    NIKON D200    ---    40mm    f/2.8    1/100s    ISO 220

:Love:

6. Very nice.

7. Very nice,Nute. Looks like my new toy will serve as a portrait machine as well as a walkaround lens. That is Kaylee, isn't it? She looks wonderful! Thanks for posting these.:smile:

8. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    Fantastic shots to both of you.

9. Jack,

I think you'll continue to like the sharpness, quality and versatility of this lens. I certainly do, it's one of the best lens purchases that I've made.

10. Thanks very much, Lisa.

I think you're right, Mark. What a bargain!

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Jack ...it's a portrait ANIMAL!
    :biggrin:

yup, that's Kaylee...she's back in school now after being off for 2 years:eek: ...and she's doing great! ...thanks much for the prayers!

God is GOOD!
    :Love:

12. Amen brother. God IS good.

13. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    I loved the IQ of my copy, but the zoom range was hard for me to use!

Great shots.

14. Sorry I missed this earlier. Those are very nice shots, Jack....and I share your enthusiasm for the lens. Quality glass indeed!

15. I think the 35-70mm has been a hot lens lately. Great catch Jack, we can all agree that this is a classic quality lens.

16. Yeah Matthew, as I mentioned it's a different focal length range than I'm used to. But I like the new viewpoint. Closer and more intimate than the landscape photography that I usually do

Thanks Harry. I'm excited for this high IQ bargain.

Randy, I think it may be even more so as more folks go FF. I'm not there yet, but eventually I expect to. It sure is sharp.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.