My new (to me) 35-70 is real sharp....

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by olddogg, Sep 8, 2008.

1. A few samples:

I've posted shot of the Carson Mansion in Eureka, Ca before, but not taken with this lens. Such a perfect test subject.

f8 1/500 ISO 200

[​IMG]

A street in the Old Town area.

f5.6 1/500 iSO 200

[​IMG]

Wind toy outside a shop. This one is wide open.

[​IMG]

I agree with those who tout this lens as a real bargain in the Nikon universe. It will also work fine on a future FF camera.

2. Very nice Jack. It really is a great lens. Glad you're enjoying it.

3. johan1967

johan1967

Jun 30, 2008
    Netherlands
    Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

This could be a cheap but very good alternative for me when I need a walkaround lens with AF. It doesn't happen every week, but sometimes I need AF.

4. I am enjoying it, though it is awkward at first. I'm used to zooms that go WIDE. Makes me look at new angles of view. That's a good thing, I think.

It's not the fastest focusing lens in my bag, but fast enough it seems to me, for most things in a walk about lens.

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lovely Jack ...CONGRATS, Sir!

ironic, i've had this lens on my d200 the last 2 days. a couple samples, if u don't mind.
    @2.8, 1/40s, 800iso, 48mm
    2840734151_1b06169a1a_o.jpg
    @2.8, 1/100s, 220iso, 40mm
    2841573182_f6c4fcfd4b_o.jpg
    :Love:

6. Very nice.

7. Very nice,Nute. Looks like my new toy will serve as a portrait machine as well as a walkaround lens. That is Kaylee, isn't it? She looks wonderful! Thanks for posting these.:smile:

8. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    Fantastic shots to both of you.

9. Jack,

I think you'll continue to like the sharpness, quality and versatility of this lens. I certainly do, it's one of the best lens purchases that I've made.

10. Thanks very much, Lisa.

I think you're right, Mark. What a bargain!

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Jack ...it's a portrait ANIMAL!
    :biggrin:

yup, that's Kaylee...she's back in school now after being off for 2 years:eek:...and she's doing great! ...thanks much for the prayers!

God is GOOD!
    :Love:

12. Amen brother. God IS good.

13. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    I loved the IQ of my copy, but the zoom range was hard for me to use!

Great shots.

14. Sorry I missed this earlier. Those are very nice shots, Jack....and I share your enthusiasm for the lens. Quality glass indeed!

15. I think the 35-70mm has been a hot lens lately. Great catch Jack, we can all agree that this is a classic quality lens.

16. Yeah Matthew, as I mentioned it's a different focal length range than I'm used to. But I like the new viewpoint. Closer and more intimate than the landscape photography that I usually do

Thanks Harry. I'm excited for this high IQ bargain.

Randy, I think it may be even more so as more folks go FF. I'm not there yet, but eventually I expect to. It sure is sharp.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008