1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My New Toy

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by mrtac2man, Jul 25, 2008.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    1986 Honda Goldwing Aspencade

[​IMG]

p314043085-4.

2. Great shots Tim ......congratulations on your new toy.

Best,

3. an oldie, but a goody
    congrats
    nice bike

so.....
    where will you ride it?

4. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice looking bike. Enjoy it.

5. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    thanks everyone I am enjoying it..Just got the tags and insurance Wednesday...

6. nice bike, smooth ride. Be safe if your a new rider and ride your own ride not somene elses pace. Keep em two down.

Drew at Carolina biker news.

7. Nice bike. I always admired the Goldwings for their quiet and refined power. Have fun and stay safe...............

Cheers

Ted:smile:

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Good going, Tim!!

Wonderful bike!!

I had the very color 1986 Aspencade. Honda calls it: "Beige". It is really Mauve. I rode 69K wonderful miles on that ride. You will so enjoy it!!

I found a very old photo (I actually had a little hair) of my 86' Aspencade after dressing it for ride-in shows (NOT a trailer queen!) . The murals painted by Charlie Buzzard are parrots I owned; the leather / upholstery custom work was done in Cleveland; Escapade trailer is fully upholstered inside. She won Best in Show for me in 1989 (Knoxville) and 1990 (Madison) at Gold Wing Road Rider's Association (GWRRA) National Rally:

226925188_NYgv7-XL.

I regret selling her; I hope you enjoy your wonderful machine; the only precaution is to prepare for alternator failure, common on 94-96 GW's. Keep the contacts clean and dry on the white plug with 2 yellow wires from the alternator! Your radio is awesome; the ambient sound / auto volume control works great! I can just about see the factory CB in the first photo.

Honda did not sell many "Beige" and the only year they sold any at all was 86'. Most sold that year were "Wineberry" (maroon), then black. Honda did intro a fuel injected 1986 SEI in white. So, you will not see many this color.

You bought a real gem. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2008
  9. Nice ride Tim, enjoy it and please ride safe if you are a returning rider.

1996 ST1100, 157,000 and climbing.
    [​IMG]

10. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Thanks BOB.. wow 157,000 and climbing.. was a little worried about 84,000 on the one I got.. but its been gone thru top to bottom and new rear shocks ,front forks rebuilt. brakes and rotors front and rear.. new alternator.. and carbs sycned and much more.. so should give me miles of riding fun..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.