My new treasure

After disappointingly testing and experimenting with several Sigma and Tokina copies of the 300mm F2.8, and not wanting to shell out any big bucks on the VR model, I finally landed a knockout copy of the Nikon AF-S 300mm F2.8(version 1).

Now the decision as the whether or not sell my 300mm F/4 AF-S:confused:

Mike

DSCF5383web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Awww... cute -- it's still in diapers :biggrin:

You've got a great copy if it performs as well as it looks.

Not sure I'd sell the /4 as I'm sure there'll be times when you need something that bit smaller.

I would keep the 300 f4. You will love the fast glass, but will get tired of lugging it around when you go on quick outings.

Great looking!! Congrats!

Thank you Marzo.

I would keep the 300 f4. You will love the fast glass, but will get tired of lugging it around when you go on quick outings.

Kinda, beginning to feel that way. Thanks John.

I'd keep the 4. Congrats on a great jewel!

Thanks Alex. Jewel seems like the right word.

Thanks for the advice on the 4.

Mike

it looks brand new
congrats !

Don't know if you are still following this thread Randy.

As you know, I am a pretty big pixel peeper when it comes down to focus accuracy. In the past you have always said that you never need to AF Fine Tune your lenses. And I usually need an adjustment. I also have echoed what many others believe pertaining to Pro glass; that tolerances are much tighter, and I believe that much of your gear is Pro Level.

I have one fast lens that does not need an AF Fine Tune adj., my Sigma 70 F 2.8 Macro. My Nikon 180 F2.8 takes a (-)1, and my Nikkor 300mm F4 AF-S takes a (+)2.

I have just taken some wide open test shots with my new 300 F2.8. It seems as if the focus point is splitting the DOF right down the middle:smile:

Mike

After disappointingly testing and experimenting with several Sigma and Tokina copies of the 300mm F2.8, and not wanting to shell out any big bucks on the VR model, I finally landed a knockout copy of the Nikon AF-S 300mm F2.8(version 1).

Now the decision as the whether or not sell my 300mm F/4 AF-S:confused:

Mike

DSCF5383web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

How much do you want for the 300mm f/4 af-s =D

Latest threads

Top Bottom