My New Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pixelharmony, Aug 18, 2008.

1. www.pixelharmony.net

What do you guys think? I have to add a wordpress blog, and work on the design section of my portfolio. But everything is looking pretty complete.

2. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

I like it for the most part. What did you use to design it?
    I don't like how the homepage just has "blog coming soon..." I think it needs something more.

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Very classy!

4. Yea... I haven't coded wordpress or a blogging tool in a while. Everything else works but the blog.

I design off photoshop and compile in dream weaver.

5. Andrew

I was answering the "iLLMaCK's" question.
    I was fishing for critiques on the design and layout, since I was up til 3 finishing the rest of the galleries i didn't have time to edit the wordpress (which I'll do today or tomorrow)

6. exitnine

exitnine

Jun 5, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Very nice an clear, also wondering what you use and create those flash slide show?

7. I like the design! I agree with those above that the main page needs real content (even if it's temporary until the blog works). I know you said you're working on the Design portion, but if you're going to have real customers/clients looking at the site, don't have any dead links. Just remove the design portion until it's finished. Tiny quibble: the About page would be easier to read if it was sentence case instead of all caps. And if you want the good opinion of quibblers like me, add punctuation. I think you should also have a link to Home in your menu, even though the logo links to home. I really like your logo! And again, I think your design and layout is great!

Kristin

8. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    i agree, the coming soon would have been a turn off for me.

but the sites other areas are so awesome! the photos on there were just fantastic. plain and simple. it's still a work in progress but i honestly think it's progressing down the right track! keep it up!

i may be asking you for tips in the near future! :biggrin:

9. Design wise, it looks nice. Keep up the good work.

10. Does your host have fantastico? If not, I'd switch. Wordpress is a cinch to install from fantastico if you so chose to use it. Coppermine and wordpress are two great scripts for what "we" do.

Let me know if you need advice or help.

Edit: If you don't know what Coppermine is, it's this. I have some extras running there, but it's what you can expect.

Oh, it looks good so far :smile:

11. It actually turns out my host provides all those, but they are on the updated server and CP. I called and they said to enable fast installs on those I have to reupload everything, pretty much deleting my account and creating a new one.

I just took the last 3 hours into coding and customizing wordpress.

For some reason I can't get the tables to center properly in IE... I'm stuck for tonight and will have to revisit tomorrow.

12. Fixed that, it was a 100% table height I forgot to remove for the footer of the page. Should've caught that one since it didn't turn out in IE or Opera. FF seems to be more intuitive.

Anyone try this is Safari yet?

13. Looks good in Safari on my mac. By the way - fantastic photography!