My newest lens!

I've been a champion for the 28-70, and even gave it its nickname. But I've found myself backing into too many walls trying to get enough working distance to take indoor group pictures. So I traded in the Beast this weekend for a 17-55/2.8. Sharpest lens I've ever used, and I think it will be on my camera 90% of the time. Thanks go to Phil Youngblood and others for showing the the way.

Congratulations for the new acquisition, Uncle Frank. For me, it's perfect for people and street pictures. You will love it.

Nick name? How about Wide Beast!

I've been a champion for the 28-70, and even gave it its nickname. But I've found myself backing into too many walls trying to get enough working distance to take indoor group pictures. So I traded in the Beast this weekend for a 17-55/2.8. Sharpest lens I've ever used, and I think it will be on my camera 90% of the time. Thanks go to Phil Youngblood and others for showing the the way.

pssssssst! Frank, you forgot to edit your signature. The 'DX Beast' needs to be included and the 'FF Beast' taken away.

G

Gr8Tr1x

April Fools. Might actually have been believable if you had purchased the 17-55mm DX, but not traded the 28-70mm for it.

On second thought, I'm going to sell the 17-55 and d200, and switch to Canon. If it's good enough for Tosh...

Sorry to bail on Nikon, I do a lot of low light work, and, as you can see from this sample, the d200 just doesn't cut it at iso1250.

76487763.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

On second thought, I'm going to sell the 17-55 and d200, and switch to Canon. If it's good enough for Tosh...

Hey! How did I get dragged into this hoax! :eek: :biggrin:

I haven't burned my bridges to Nikon quite yet, thank you very much. I'm still packing a Nikon F/Nikkor-O 35 2 (admittedly serving mostly as paperweights) and a D40/18-200vr/Sigma 30/180 travel kit. And I still feel far more comfortable handling the Nikon equipment. Of course, if I took the time to read the instruction manuals for the other brand's equipment and software, my comfort level is likely to increase. :rolleyes: I don't see a problem being a "dual citizen." :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom