1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My niece, future police officer

Discussion in 'People' started by Frits, Oct 5, 2008.

1. My niece is in college, training to be a police officer.
    During this period she is also involved in the Canadian army, where she spent the summer in a military police program.
    She is currently kept very busy with both. A great kid who knows what she wants.

She stayed with us this weekend and I wanted to take a few shots. I would have liked to set up some lights and a background, but for today a quick few shots in our kitchen will do.

D2x, Nikon AF-S 200mm f/2.0 VR (available light only)

original.

2. Excellent picture Frits. Accentuates her eyes.

3. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Very nice Frits. If she needs any advise, drop me a PM.

4. Nice shot Fritz. Only thing I notice is an overall softness to the image that can easily be fixed with a little Smart Sharpen or USM.

5. Good observation :smile:
    Some operator error involved here:
    1) shot at fairly wide aperture, so very shallow DOF (that by itself is OK, if desired)
    2) but, add to that that I was sloppy with my focusing - focused on her right eye. So the already very shallow in-focus slice is in the wrong place...

But the somewhat technically flawed image still looks fine and prints beautifully :smile:

6. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    And since she is so "present" in the image you could easily remove the stuff in the back and even if you did a bad job of it no one would notice.

And yes love the eyes.

7. Nice picture and lovely young lady. I can't wait to get a speeding ticket from her :tongue:

8. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice Portrait!

9. Very nice Frits. It makes me ask one question....... if you shoot a portrait like that with your 200, on a D2x......... just how big is your kitchen? :wink:

10. Lovely Frits, both your niece and this shot! :smile:

11. Great shot Frits. She's got great eyes.

12. Beautiful....both the photo and your neice. This should be a poster photo for the Canadian Military.

13. Yep, she's stunning and you photographed her well. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.