My niece, future police officer

Discussion in 'People' started by Frits, Oct 5, 2008.

1. My niece is in college, training to be a police officer.
    During this period she is also involved in the Canadian army, where she spent the summer in a military police program.
    She is currently kept very busy with both. A great kid who knows what she wants.

She stayed with us this weekend and I wanted to take a few shots. I would have liked to set up some lights and a background, but for today a quick few shots in our kitchen will do.

D2x, Nikon AF-S 200mm f/2.0 VR (available light only)

original.jpg

2. Excellent picture Frits. Accentuates her eyes.

3. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Very nice Frits. If she needs any advise, drop me a PM.

4. Nice shot Fritz. Only thing I notice is an overall softness to the image that can easily be fixed with a little Smart Sharpen or USM.

5. Good observation :smile:
    Some operator error involved here:
    1) shot at fairly wide aperture, so very shallow DOF (that by itself is OK, if desired)
    2) but, add to that that I was sloppy with my focusing - focused on her right eye. So the already very shallow in-focus slice is in the wrong place...

But the somewhat technically flawed image still looks fine and prints beautifully :smile:

6. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    And since she is so "present" in the image you could easily remove the stuff in the back and even if you did a bad job of it no one would notice.

And yes love the eyes.

7. Nice picture and lovely young lady. I can't wait to get a speeding ticket from her :tongue:

8. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice Portrait!

9. Very nice Frits. It makes me ask one question....... if you shoot a portrait like that with your 200, on a D2x......... just how big is your kitchen? :wink:

10. Lovely Frits, both your niece and this shot! :smile:

11. Great shot Frits. She's got great eyes.

12. Beautiful....both the photo and your neice. This should be a poster photo for the Canadian Military.

13. Yep, she's stunning and you photographed her well. :smile: