My niece Kate (shot with one of my fav. lenses)

A couple of snaps from yesterdays walk in the park... Kate loves to pose which is quite natural at her three yrs :)

Shot with Vivitar (Nikon F mount) 135mm f/2.3 lens at f/4.
I love this lens for some special IQ it produces.... close to Nikkor's 135/2 and 85/1.4 IMO.

katya-IMG_1081-RS-vivitar-135mm-f2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

katya-IMG_1113-RS-vivitar-135mm-f2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

BigPixel

a real cutie Igor. The lighting is a little harsh though.

probably my monitor is still "different" lighting looks OK to me ...

Let's try a different approach, Igor. Look at the model's face in the 2nd photo. Notice that she's squinting, and that her brow is furrowed. That's because she's looking directly into the sun. What Keith and Mike have been suggesting is that her portrait would look better if she wasn't looking at the sun. The first shot is better because the sun is on her left side, so she's able to keep her eyes open. But it would be improved further if you had posed her in the shade. Beautiful model, by the way :).

Some advise, only if you want it.

Poor old Igor, but I have to agree with the comments made so far.
I hope you have shown us this pic for constructive comment. If not, ignore the rest of what I am about to say. :wink:
I try to meter the subject with the sun behind or to one side, this way Igor, you get better contrasts. This took me forever to get the hang of when I shoot cricket players, there are no trees out there for these guys to shade themselves with. I look for the direction the shadow from their body is aiming and I line myself up with it like a compass. If I go 180 degrees and shoot like I used to, I have massive shadows from hats etc. and blow highlights trying to compensate. Isn't it a bugger when you pop a picture up that you reckon is really good and "helpful" people come along and try to tell you how to do it better? :smile:

Thanks for the comments and suggestion guys, I do appreciate them, and never ignore them!!!
BUT, these are just snaps of a little girl IN ACTION! Not set up portraits! I saw her squinting, I liked this look (because it's REAL LIFE) and I snapped it! Nothing more :)
Thanks again.

Latest threads

Top Bottom