My obsession with Mount Maxwell

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by andreasb, Sep 28, 2005.

1. We have a gorgeous view from our house of the bay below, Maple Bay, Vancouver Island, Canada. On the other side of the bay we see the Island of Saltspring with Mount Maxwell prominently in focus.

I have been waintg for the day when the sun would rise EXACTLY over the top of the little mountain on Saltspring Island, Mount Maxwell to get a sunrise over the top of Mount Maxwell.

Mostly I have been getting shots like these
    The above taken with the amazing 105 F1.8 AIS

Well today it did rise RIGHT over the tip of Mount Maxwell, and the weather was right as well and I was there with the D2X and the 17-55mm to get my coveted shot and by chance on one of the shots a bird flew by and added to the picture as well:

2. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Andreas :

The patient man finds his own rewards in the changing world around him...

Splendid shot.

John P.

3. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    I was just on Salt Spring this summer - even went to the top of Mount Maxwell! My pictures of the mountain are far less impressive - the best I got was on the ferry over to Victoria. Thanks for sharing.