My old friend Russ meets the 180 2.8

N

Nuteshack

I've known this guy so long he bares a family resemblance..lol,,ya, we're talking 40 years now:eek:
anyway, captured this evening at my dad's ranch just before sunset @f2.8, 1/500s
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That is one hell of a capture, I love the colours and the sharpness of the beard really gives it a 3d quality! He looks like a wise old sailor!

N

Nuteshack

Good Lord! What an incredibly sharp image!

Do you mind sharing your sharpening technique?

What camera?

I am totally impressed.
thanks for the kind words, Woody....sharpening technique? well, the sharpening technique of my mentor, YOU, of course:biggrin:

this was shot in JPEG and in camera + 1 sharpening under the optimize image/custom setting, D50.....
work flow for proofs -> from camera to puter to acdsee and resized to fit screen to pse then -> levels, contrast, color saturation/de-saturations and adjustments then usm per Woody..fact this work flow is basically all your fault ...lol
unfortunitly i'm still one dimensional..one day i'll learn layering, masks, etc...:wink:
...I OWE u pal, mucho appreciated
:Love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
thanks for the kind words, Woody....sharpening technique? well, the sharpening technique of my mentor, YOU, of course:biggrin:

this was shot in JPEG and in camera + 1 sharpening under the optimize image/custom setting, D50.....
work flow for proofs -> from camera to puter to acdsee and resized to fit screen to pse then -> levels, contrast, color saturation/se-saturations and adjustments then usm per Woody..fact this work flow is basically all your fault ...lol
unfortunitly i'm still one dimensional..one day i'll learn layering, masks, etc...:wink:
...I OWE u pal, mucho appreciated
:Love:
Well, I am INDEED flattered... Thank you.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom