My other love.............

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Jun 30, 2007.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    this is a 1955 Hofner Committee which belongs to a friend of mine...condition......unbelieveable.

She has it for sale and much as I would like to add it to my collection of guitars a faster pc and another camera takes precedence......or does it I wonder?????:frown::frown:

hope you like......makes a change from cars!!!!....LOL

Best wishes

Ray

[​IMG]

2. That guitar looks like its from outer space!:Waldo:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful Ray

Finally worked the action and tut. Don' t know why it did not work right yesterday
    I even added a tad lucis to one of them...lolol

Posted two more on photographybb

4. Ray,

While your passion may be cars, your skill applies to any pixel equally!

Beautiful and well done!

Robin

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey there Ms. Robin:>)))

6. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Beautiful job for a beautiful guitar Ray! This too is one of my other loves...I have several...guitars that is, and many more Loves!!:wink: :rolleyes: I very much like your blue/black background as well as the pattern around the frame.
    Good choice for your use of flood!!
    Btw, I think you should add this axe to your collection if it fits your fingers well. However, I'm also on the verge of a new camera and computer and understand the need to say maybe later. :biggrin:

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Robert

This is a truly wonderful guitar and is in such good condition that it should NOT be played....I could just imagine the first mark on this - no matter how careful we were!!!!

I have someone interested who made a similar comment that it is to be viewed only - given its unique condition....

However, as for playing,,,I am so frustrated as I realise that I am nowhere near able to plat what I was once able to....

I tried to play along with a video of our group and tried to play the solos to Queen's "It's a kinda Magic" and Rafferty's "Baker Street" and found my fingers did not move as they did.....Photoshop or music...it has to be a choice...timewise!!!

Anyway, as I approach retirement age working on a pc is probably more suitable an environment than bouncing and running around on stage:eek::eek::eek:.......then again......the Stones????????:Wink::Wink:

Best wishes

Ray

8. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Ray,

I believe all instruments should be played, especially if they are excellent in producing sound. However, I do have a custom hollow-body that is really exceptional and I am always extremely careful with it. I never bring it to a jam.

Playing an instrument as you know takes practice to keep the chops up, and as we get busy with other interests it's difficult to maintain the level we achieved in the past. I've forgotten much of the music I had memorized, but still try some of the older pieces I used to play. That's when the sheet music comes out again. I have a singing group that meets twice a week. I teach them the popular songs they love in todays scene..Avril Lavigne, Green Day, INXS, Coldplay, Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, U2, Beatles, Pink Floyd etc etc. Then, I accompany the group with electrified accoustic and that keeps my finger-style chops up as well as the fun I have learning new material. Baker Street...love that tune too, and actually introduced it to the group late this year. I also like Whatever's Written In Your Heart.

Cheers Ray!! Dust off one of your guitars and keep those fingers limber!:biggrin:

9. I still say you should get paid for your work. Excellent.