My Other Truck Is A Fire Truck

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by eng45ine, Aug 5, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I promised Patrick and the boys that I would post a few pics of some fire trucks. It was a busy day yesterday and for the 9 hours of overtime that I worked today. I did make some time to snap a few images and I will add some additional of the ladder tower and a medic unit. But this is my work truck...which will be placed in reserve service when it is replaced in a couple of years.....

Engine 45...manufactured by E-One Corporation, Ocala, FL.

A 3/4 front view shot...

View attachment 13239

An image of the jumpseats...seats four very uncomfortably!!!

View attachment 13240

The rear hose loads...each bed has 800 ft. of 3" supply line with 150 ft. of 1 3/4" attack line attached.

View attachment 13241

A very crumby partial view of the pump panel. Twist a few knobs and she'll send 1500 gallons of water per minute.

View attachment 13242

And in a couple of years, Engine 45 will look just like Engine 43...

View attachment 13243

There are a few more images on my Pbase site...and more will be posted by early next week if anyone is into fire apparatus.

Oh Yeah...we have a brass pole...since many might ask!!!!

View attachment 13244

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I showed these to Ryan as soon as I saw you had posted them....His first reaction was "that's a fire engine. It's Big!!!". Then as I scrolled down there were lots of oohs and ahhs. My favorite reaction those was "Wow mom, gears an levers. Can I drive next?". Looks like I might have a budding fire fighter on my hands. Well, we've scrolled through and looked at them half a dozen times and he loves each shot. Thanks for posting these for us Frank!

Oh yeah, when I told Ryan that you are a fire fighter and took these pictures for him he said "he's so brave. he's our friend.".....words out of the mouths of babes. I couldn't have said it better myself. Again, many thanks. Not just for the pictures, but for keeping the world safe.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Frank,

Thanks a lot. I have always loved Fire Trucks and had a pedal fire engine when I was a kid. I wore that thing out. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to take these. Also, thanks for all that you do. I have always admired those in your profession as well as military, law enforcement, and other emergency services.

Thanks for being there,

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Leigh, Patrick and sons for the very nice words. I was rushed to get these images, but I will add to them...hopefully this weekend.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Cool photos Frank...

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks so much, Dave. Fun stuff!

7. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Hey Frank,

Nice shots... and your truck is RED!!!! :D I love the big red and chrome trucks. I can feel for you and the OT thing too. I am still at work as I type this, I am on 72 hours for the week :cry: Just waiting for one more aerial to roll off the plotter and I can call an end to the week!

Though they use the Key-lime green/yellow trucks down here, Lindsey is very excited. We found a fire house that will let her have her 4th Bday party! If you guys can make it to Tampa Patrick and Leigh, you are welcome to bring the boys :p

Jen called a volunteer station, they don't have to work by the County rules I guess?!?! All I know is she has it reserved and Lindsey can't wait. Unfortunately her Bday isn't until Sept. 15th (party is on the 17th) so I have a bit yet to listen to "are we going to my party with the fire truck yet".

Joe

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Joe,

Contact your area fire departments that paint their apparatus lime green and ask them to leave them out on the apron in the hot sun, eventually, the sun will ripen them and they will someday be red!?!?!?!?! :D

We have some interesting colors of fire apparatus in our area, but most are red. It is interesting to see a white or light blue or yellow/black fire truck...what were they thinking??? :shock:

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank,

The funniest thing I have seen is a light purple fire hydrant. OMG.. I laughed and took a photo.

OUR FIRE TRUCKS are "REDDDDD" Thank goodness. Gotta be RED firetrucks. Just something so special about them I love to photograph them.

Big ones, new ones, old one,. All of them.

I will post a pic of an EMT and Engine "43" from here for you and Ed Mac.

Thank you for all you all do and be safe.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank, Ed, and all Fire and Emt folks and othere

Ok I went a hunting and finally found the photos. Talk about organized.. Laugh of the century.

Opps was Engine 42 and Ambulance 43 :>)) They are out of Merritt Island Fl. This is at the the medical buildings where I work by the river.

View attachment 13246

View attachment 13247

View attachment 13248

View attachment 13249

Old Fire Truck.

View attachment 13250

Crazy Fire Hydrant :>))

View attachment 13251

Hope you enjoy.
    Salute to all of you that serve and take GREAT care of us.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Leigh and Patrick,

Some more for your boys and you ....

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for posting the great images, Gale. American LaFrance has come a long way with their apparatus design. They used to be a leader in fire apparatus sales but slipped over time. It looks like Brevard County takes pride in their apparatus...their stuff looks pretty new and has some nice options. T-Shirts????? Not on my department...badges, nameplates are the course of the day! Tried to pursuade them to consider something less formal...but they prefer to maintain that level of professionalism here.

13. Well now we know what you are doing when you are not out taking pictures. Good pictorial documentary on your truck and station.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Glad you like them Frank. My pleasure for sure.

They are all great guys for sure. I see this crew often as they do come to the medical buildings often. Love going up the elevator with them and my camera.

They are so big and I am so little. lolol

Really got to get these pics printed and get them to them.

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Frank! It's about time you got around to showing us your truck, being as it's your name and all.

Hey! Guess what - I'm going to Chicago this fall!! First time ever! Whoo-hoo! I'm excited!

16. Great shots, Frank! Thanks for sharing!

17. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well let me know when you are coming to town, Chris, so perhaps we can get together if your time allows. Would be a pleasure to say hello!!!

18. Great pictures, Frank! We've crawled around more of those fire trucks than I can remember, and they impress me every time. Our fire department holds a yearly open house, where they have a whole bunch of trucks on display and open for the kids (and those of us young at heart) to climb into and poke around. They're definitely not luxury vehicles in terms of comfort, and by the time you have all the gear in there, there's not a heck of a lot of room, LOL!

And Gale, I'm rather partial to that lavender fire hydrant, LOL!

19. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Sommer....fire trucks are one of those interesting type of vehicles that draw much attention from people of all ages. Maybe it's the overall size or the chrome...who knows, but people are always ringing the doorbell asking for a station tour just to be able to climb aboard and look around.

As far as the color of that hydrant...I work for a town that is known for it's Lilac's...years and years ago...the police cars were painted lilac!!! :shock: Thankfully...now they are black and white...and the fire trucks are red!!!

20. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Great piece of equipment you've got there Frank

About the pumps, in the Rotterdam harbour all the Port autority vessels are equiped with the same pumps seems that your US made pumps are the only ones who have that power ,lots of bar with lots of water