My Other Truck Is A Fire Truck

Hello Hans,

Our engines all have 1500 gpm pumps and our ladder towers have 2000 gpm pumps. You never know what your are going to need someday, so large pump capabilities are the optimal choices.

Great shots Frank. I saw in one of your photos the Hale name plate. A few years back before the military geared up we were making a ton of fire pumps and control valves for Hale Pump. Theres a good chance that one of our pumps is on your truck. :D
The pressure control valves in your photo with the chrome handle are most definitly ours. We made thousands of those over the years.

Great images Frank

If I am not mistaken E-One is along I-75 in Ocala. I used to do trips between Ft. Lauderdale & Tallahassee more often than I wanted to. Used to see the equipment at the "plant" all the time when driving by.

Russ

Great shots Frank. I saw in one of your photos the Hale name plate. A few years back before the military geared up we were making a ton of fire pumps and control valves for Hale Pump. Theres a good chance that one of our pumps is on your truck.
The pressure control valves in your photo with the chrome handle are most definitly ours. We made thousands of those over the years.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting your comment about the Hale part possibly being one from your company...definately a small world.

If I am not mistaken E-One is along I-75 in Ocala. I used to do trips between Ft. Lauderdale & Tallahassee more often than I wanted to. Used to see the equipment at the "plant" all the time when driving by.
Hi Russ,

Yep, E-One is located on I-75 in Ocala, FL. I've been by there twice and always pull to the side of thr road to marvel at all of the money sitting in their lot. Their vehicle, as well as the other manufacturers, cost an arm and a leg!!!

J

JMartin

Re: Frank, Ed, and all Fire and Emt folks and othere

Gale said:
Ok I went a hunting and finally found the photos. Talk about organized.. Laugh of the century.

Crazy Fire Hydrant :>))

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hope you enjoy.
Salute to all of you that serve and take GREAT care of us.
Gale,

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time, and surely won't be the last :wink: ) but I believe the reason they painted the fire hydrant purple is to indicate it is on the Reclaimed Watermain. Though some of the newer stuff has been more of a hot pinkish/purple.

I have run across a lot more developments lately where our surveyors are picking up Reclaimed and where we are being required to put it in, so don't be surprised if you start seeing more of them... still just as odd as the key-lime (yuck!) emergency vehicles.

Joe

Thanks for offering the link to that site, Rudy. It is interesting to see how fire departments overseas design their fire apparatus. It all looks so strange, but that is only because American fire apparatus companies have such similar designs. Something tells me that European fire apparatus is much less expensive than American-built.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom