My outdoor studio

Discussion in 'People' started by tweber, May 7, 2005.

1. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Well, it's not really mine. My brother sponsored my photo business after I photographed his family in his back yard. He provided my first business loan and lets me use his yard whenever I like for portrait sessions. Here are four samples from today's senior portrait session taken at various locations in his yard.

original.

View attachment 8381

View attachment 8382

View attachment 8383

The rest of the proofs are in the online order section at my business web site, www.phase2photo.com

I think I'm pretty lucky to have this brother. Whad'ya think?

Tom

2. Nice shots Tom. I really like the first two shots, and the last one works well with the black shirt. Well done!! :D :D :D :D

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I find the brightness in the background of the 3rd one a bit distracting but the rest are very nice. You've got a good variety of poses and locations/backdrops. I think the first one is probably my favorite.

PS wish my yard was that nice... :)

4. Absolutely, but you're even luckier to have that model 8).

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love em, Tom

Lovely girl to work with. The bg's for the 1st 2 are great. As for the last 2, I'm not real wild about the "hands on hip" arm position, and the last shot has the background barn siding a little *too* in focus for my tastes.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Tom, nice work indeed. And I'm sure your brother was very happy to sponsor you from the start, with your talent, it was a win-win for you guys.

8. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Thanks

Thanks to all for your comments and feedback.

I agree about the bright bg on #3. Sharpness isn't a problem in the originals. I may have lost a bit in posting. And we tried a number of poses and I happened to post the hands on hips twice here. I've been experimenting with various poses. I like the variety.

As for the model - She's a friend of my daughter and young woman who's very comfortable with herself. She was so relaxed and easy to work with that the session was a really fun.

Thanks again for taking the time guys..

Tom