1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Own Gas Pump

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Taco, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Picked up this oldie but goodie this weekend in a small resort town. It's a 1958 Gilbarco unit that has been parked for many years. Last calibration sticker shows August 75 with #1 selling at 97.9 cents per gallon. There is no third digit to record dollars. This style ran from 55 to 61 and was the last model with a cutout to accept a globe on top. My buddy down the road is giving me an old 250 gallon tank from an oil furnace but to fill it would require credit counselling. I'd like to get it operational and buy a really good padlock for it.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

327703639_L5ibc-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Hey Ted maybe you should convert it a Margarita dispenser, it'd be cheaper! Cheers!:wink:

3. Hey Mike great idea! Unfortunatly our elected bandits ..I mean officials have all the sin taxes maxed out. That would work out to about 40 bucks a gallon. Doesn't stop my brother in law at 30 bucks for a 24 of beer and smokes at 12 bucks a pack. He says once he's buried he doesn't want the worms to get him. They don't eat pickled or smoked meat.:biggrin:

Cheers

4. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Your B-I-L sounds like a wise and insightful man, he'll save on embalming costs too!:rolleyes: 

5. Ted, owning your own gas well would be better!!!!!

6. Hey Nick, I wish I had my own well. I calculated the cost of filling the 250 gallon tank at 1532.00 or 6.13 per gallon. Right now I have to climb up on my tractors with a 5 gallon jug to fill them and it's a pain. I'll probably have the pump operational in a couple of weeks if you want to swing by but you'll have to clean your own windshield.:biggrin:

Cheers

7. I'm on my way!
    Which way is Canada from here?

Oh, on the windshield issue--no worries, we don't ever clean them down here--clean glass just attracts new bugs and bird poop!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.