My photo made it to TV! Taken in S. Utah - update

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Cschend, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Update -
    WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!
    Contest over - winner announced - My photo won!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your wonderful support!

I took this photo at the Gifford Homestead/Capitol Reef Natl Park in S. Utah. I used my D80 and 18-200VR for this shot.
    And wouldn't you know it, they selected it as a finalist in our local tv weather photo contest! I'm so thrilled!:biggrin: I am hoping I can talk some of you into voting for my photo (the one with the red rocks and barn). You can vote once each day until the polls close. Wish me luck!

Here's the link -
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=901157&nid=461

Update - Well ,the contest is nearing it's end. This has been an interesting experience, from which I learned a LOT. I will post about that later. I have found out that the Gifford Homestead will be celebrating it's 100 year anniversary next year. Wouldn't it be neat for them if they could be featured in the calendar! So for one final hoorah - I invite you all to vote one last time. Thanks! http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=901157&nid=461

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  2. Nice pic! U got my vote.

3. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Thanks! This is my first submission to anything like this so I am naturally thrilled!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful image

5. An excellent image Christine, happy to vote for it!

6. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled over the whole thing. There hasn't been this much excitement in my house for a long time!

7. Very good image, but the others are not bad either.
    Anyway, you got my vote as well. Isn't it great to have a large community to back you up :wink: ?

Cheers

8. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    Christine,
    Definitely worthy of my vote. However, I don't think you're going to need us. The pic itself should carry the day.
    David

9. All the images are quite good. I happily voted for yours, and it looks like you're in the lead. Best of luck.

10. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    excellent photo, Christine, yours and the first [Heiners] are the best for me....i voted and you are way out in the lead, fingers crossed for ya...

kris

11. KeithL

KeithL

Mar 3, 2006
    Southern Ohio
    Lovely photo, Christine. You have my vote.

12. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Thanks again to everyone for voting! The competition is stiff, so I could use all the help I can get. I wonder if I'll survive the week...
    Thanks again! Keep em coming!

13. I like your picture! Just voted for you :)
    Andreas

14. You have my vote (it looks like you are well ahead at the moment!)

Shame it is a Canon as the prize... Still, I guess you could put it on EBay to finance some nice new Nikon gear!

Paul

15. Voted twice now, so they are flyig in from all around the world!!
    Bet the TV station will wonder how all the out of country votes are generated !!!

Good shooting.........

16. Great Photo. I voted for ya! I was just at that spot two days ago.

17. Cschend

Cschend

Apr 1, 2007
    SLC, Utah
    Oh NO!!!!!

Oh no! I took a huge dip in the polls! Now am tied with #2 at 31%....HELP!!!!:Shocked:
    Need more votes.... need more votes.....:Dizzy:

18. jaymc

jaymc Guest

How long is the voting for? I seems that the the guy the left has made a huge jump. I suspicious of how these voting things work - reminds me of the American Idol voting ... :Dizzy:

- Jay

19. They counted My vote and your Leading. Very Well done!!!

20. I voted for you... but because I really thought your's was the best photo... not because you begged. :biggrin: I liked the lightning photo as well. Good Luck.