1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My (pitiful) spiders and butterflies.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Flew, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Very nice Frank, They are all excellent, but #2 is awesome.

2. I am no macro expert but these look pretty darn good to me, hard to compare the Tamron to the 20 it is the Ferrari of micro lenses and priced accordingly.. It is on my waiting list, hasn't even made my lust list yet
    I like the spider shot the best of the bunch

3. What are you talking about with that pitiful remark Frank? Your images are excellent and the colors good. You and Patrick make a good pair.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Just got back into town from a business trip. I appreciate the nice words from everyone.

I was being a bit facetious with the 'pitiful' part of the message subject, but not a lot. What I enjoy seeing in my images as well as those of my friends here is sharp detail, whether it is a bug, a flower, a bird, or whatever. I think that the 90 Tamron is a pretty good lens, especially for the money. The shots that I got with it were pretty decent. They only suffer in comparison with those that Patrick got with, as Mike calls it, the Ferrari of macro lenses, the Nikkor 200mm f4 AF micro.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.