My pooch's 1st litter

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by olshroom, Feb 13, 2018.

1. The wife was up all night being a midwife to Teka while she gave birth to 5 beautiful Cocker Spaniel puppies. This was her first litter but she knew how to remove the umbilical cord and clean them up. The pups even thought deaf and blind at this moment knew how to find a nipple to nurse on. Amazing.

Less than 5 minutes old
    DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

First portrait
    DSC_0908.jpg
    I am sure glad that this is all over.
    DSC_0905.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Neat. We had a Chow Chow once that had a litter of pups. It was surprising how tiny they first are and then how fast they grow.

3. I agree that they do grow so fast. In a short amount of time their eyes are open, they can hear and they begin to walk. They are so much fun to play with.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you for sharing this wonderful moment. Your doggy is going to be a good mom!

5. I'm glad that Teka and hear babies are in good condition. Can't wait to see their photos while the babies are growing .

6. There will be lots of pictures of the babies as they grow. Our other female might have her litter tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.