My poor cat....

She knows that anytime I get new camera gear that I seek her out. I just got the D2Xs and a 300mm f/4 so had to try it out real quick before heading to Alabama so here she is...........

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Congrats on the gear Dave, seems your cat is already used to it.
I've never seen that ~orange meandering line in cat's eyes. But never looked that close. :wink:

You're lucky, when our cat would see the camera coming, she'd run under the bed...did not like having her picture taken. Real nice shot of a beautiful animal. it makes really miss my Samatha...we lost her last year, a stroke and had to put her down.

Thanks for the comments Gale, Daniel and Louie.
I will give feedback on the D2Xs after I have used it a bit. So far so good! this was a handheld shot and used the SB800. It was at 1/60th of a second at f/4

So sorry to hear that Sam and thanks for your comments. This cat was a feral loose running cat that I spent 11 months luring into my home. I hope you get another one soon.
dave

Dave,

Pretty kitty and excellent shot. Not surprised about the latter though - excellent equipment and very competent operator. :smile:

Thanks Doug, Frank And Frits.
Frank, you are too kind!
Frits that is a great image of Fluff, you got to miss him.
The meandering line seems to be of no concern to my vet, we talked about it when I took her in for her inaugaral check up.

Thanks Doug, Frank And Frits.
Frank, you are too kind!
Frits that is a great image of Fluff, you got to miss him.
The meandering line seems to be of no concern to my vet, we talked about it when I took her in for her inaugaral check up.
Thanks Dave!
Yeah, Fluff of course had his annual visits at the vet, who never made mention of it.

Zoe has 'em too, but sticks to a more monochrome scheme. See here. I've noticed it in the others too. Should try for a clean shot of the Verb, as he won't let the vet look at his eyes.

Any vets or eye docs know what that is?

Nice color choice on your cat, Dave, and a lovely portrait. :smile:

Real Name
Bill
She is thinking "Ohh noo he got a new camera!" But then thinks " He's going away to test it, so I'll have peace and quiet for awhile" :wink:

Nice stuff Dave!

Bill

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom