My poor cat....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dmwphoto, Mar 28, 2007.

1. She knows that anytime I get new camera gear that I seek her out. I just got the D2Xs and a 300mm f/4 so had to try it out real quick before heading to Alabama so here she is...........

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    awwww pretty kitty
    She knows that smell of New:>))))

3. Congrats on the gear Dave, seems your cat is already used to it.
    I've never seen that ~orange meandering line in cat's eyes. But never looked that close. :wink:

4. Sweet shot Dave. Kitty can be a good subject for testing new stuff if you can get them to hold still long enough. I'd be interested in knowing your comments regarding the new D2Xs versus your D2X.

Louie

5. You're lucky, when our cat would see the camera coming, she'd run under the bed...did not like having her picture taken. Real nice shot of a beautiful animal. it makes really miss my Samatha...we lost her last year, a stroke and had to put her down.

6. Thanks for the comments Gale, Daniel and Louie.
    I will give feedback on the D2Xs after I have used it a bit. So far so good! this was a handheld shot and used the SB800. It was at 1/60th of a second at f/4

7. So sorry to hear that Sam and thanks for your comments. This cat was a feral loose running cat that I spent 11 months luring into my home. I hope you get another one soon.
    dave

8. Id link your vet and /or optomitrist to this thread for opinions on the orange meandering, I dont think it normal.
    Nice shot, lens, and cat, take care.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

Pretty kitty and excellent shot. Not surprised about the latter though - excellent equipment and very competent operator. :smile:

10. Thanks Doug, Frank And Frits.
    Frank, you are too kind!
    Frits that is a great image of Fluff, you got to miss him.
    The meandering line seems to be of no concern to my vet, we talked about it when I took her in for her inaugaral check up.

11. Thanks Dave!
    Yeah, Fluff of course had his annual visits at the vet, who never made mention of it.

12. OHhhh she's pretty! I have the 300mm afs 4 too! AND I LOVE IT! Come on Dave, do a lot of shooting this weekend! I wanna see! :biggrin:

13. Glad to see that youve sorted it, Dave.
    Sometimes, feral wild cats can have uncommon diseases that domesticated puddy tats dont. :smile:

14. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Zoe has 'em too, but sticks to a more monochrome scheme. See here. I've noticed it in the others too. Should try for a clean shot of the Verb, as he won't let the vet look at his eyes.

Any vets or eye docs know what that is?

Nice color choice on your cat, Dave, and a lovely portrait. :smile:

15. Dave,

Great image of your very pretty cat! She looks a lot like my K.C. :wink:

And congrats on the lens, by the way: it's a good one! :smile:

16. WildBill

WildBill

Mar 20, 2006
    Hammonton, New Jersey
    Bill
    She is thinking "Ohh noo he got a new camera!" But then thinks " He's going away to test it, so I'll have peace and quiet for awhile" :wink:

Nice stuff Dave!

Bill

17. That's a cool shot Dave!

18. Beautiful kitty!!! Reminds me of my cat that I had growing up as a kid, she lived 17 wonderful years. :smile:

19. Thanks for looking and commenting!