"My Precious...."

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Nice downy shots Bob. They are fun to watch. I was watching a couple of hairy woodpeckers yesterday and it appears the mating season has or is about to begin. They were doing quite the dance for each other.

Now that would have been nice to see. Did you manage to get any photos?
I actually snapped a couple but they were so high and backlit against a nondescript grey sky that it added up to a fail. So then I just enjoyed watching them. I will hope for a similar chance when they are lower and or sky is blue. Having said that, part of the deal seemed to be how they were attempting to stay on opposite sides of the trunk, kind of like a catch me if can scenario. Not sure how that will translate to a still photo but hopefully I get the chance to see. Great time of the year and looking forward to the coming weeks.

I actually snapped a couple but they were so high and backlit against a nondescript grey sky that it added up to a fail. So then I just enjoyed watching them. I will hope for a similar chance when they are lower and or sky is blue. Having said that, part of the deal seemed to be how they were attempting to stay on opposite sides of the trunk, kind of like a catch me if can scenario. Not sure how that will translate to a still photo but hopefully I get the chance to see. Great time of the year and looking forward to the coming weeks.
Looking forward to your results

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom